Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions

/ Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions #71  
Re: Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions

And I really dont understand why we are still having this discussion. Why are you continuing to compare the AC to a kubota? Are you still considering a kubota? because I thought you had your mind made up? So are you trying to sell yourself on the added cost? Or are you still trying to push (sell) everyone else. Cause if the later is the case.....we get it! You like the AC and think its better than tractors.

Truth is, both have their merits. Tractor is better at some things. The AC better at others. So just what point are you trying to prove?

/ Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions

And I really dont understand why we are still having this discussion. Why are you continuing to compare the AC to a kubota? Are you still considering a kubota? because I thought you had your mind made up? So are you trying to sell yourself on the added cost? Or are you still trying to push (sell) everyone else. Cause if the later is the case.....we get it! You like the AC and think its better than tractors.

Truth is, both have their merits. Tractor is better at some things. The AC better at others. So just what point are you trying to prove?
I'm not trying to "sell" or "prove" anything.

BTW... both are tractors.

I was comparing to the closest comparable Kubota unit for exactly that... COMPARISON.

In case you haven't noticed the title of this thread, it's about ALTERNATIVE options.

Furthermore, Kubota has about the most respected combination of features vs. value... "bang for your buck" so to speak. Not to mention, they have the closest service location to me, along with great market presence. Kubota has the closest model/features in the same price range... so it only made sense.

Frankly, I get a bit tired of having to defend comparisons all the time. Maybe I should compare units to other brands so Kubota fans won't provoke me to purchase stock in Xanax.

For those whom standard CUTs serve well, GREAT.

For those of us who want to share thoughts, experiences, and information on ALTERNATIVEs... that's what this thread is for.... NOT arguing over "why can't you be happy with a Kubota?!"... Smh

Hey! Get that skid steer off the fairways! It'll tear them up.... :laughing:

/ Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions #76  

I certainly wouldnt call that contact patch "considerably" more , especially when compared to the rears of the kubota.

But my point remains. Tire size vs weight....the kubota is gonna tread a good bit lighter and offer more "flotation". Whereas the AC would be more like a skid loader....pretty heavy machine for its tire size. Especially for lawn work.

LD1, Not to get you fired up right before Thanksgiving my friend, but a 29/12.5 is a lot more tire than a 24/8.5. Half again as wide, and 20% taller. I do find it interesting that the AC uses just 4 small lugs per rim. It's probably adequate, but looks a little light duty at first glance.

And a skid-steer that runs a 10-16.5 or a 12-16.5 would normally weigh double what this rig weighs. With a 29/12.5 and turfs I'd think this would have a pretty light footprint. It's the narrow tires up front on a tractor that seem to tear up turf first. Now I'm not convinced that this thing will be a stump puller with the turfs by any means, but it ought to work for the application.

MultiMow, my only suggestion is to make sure you spec out your attachments before you purchase the tractor to make sure you have adequate hydraulic flow and lift capacities. Some of the cooler hydraulically driven implements require a lot of flow.

I think this thread is about ideas, alternatives, etc. Not winning a debate. So you can both be winners.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

/ Alternative "sub-compact" tractor solutions #77  
That is sooo cool! Does that use special attachments?

LD1, Not to get you fired up right before Thanksgiving my friend, but a 29/12.5 is a lot more tire than a 24/8.5. Half again as wide, and 20% taller. I do find it interesting that the AC uses just 4 small lugs per rim. It's probably adequate, but looks a little light duty at first glance.

And a skid-steer that runs a 10-16.5 or a 12-16.5 would normally weigh double what this rig weighs. With a 29/12.5 and turfs I'd think this would have a pretty light footprint. It's the narrow tires up front on a tractor that seem to tear up turf first. Now I'm not convinced that this thing will be a stump puller with the turfs by any means, but it ought to work for the application.

MultiMow, my only suggestion is to make sure you spec out your attachments before you purchase the tractor to make sure you have adequate hydraulic flow and lift capacities. Some of the cooler hydraulically driven implements require a lot of flow.

I think this thread is about ideas, alternatives, etc. Not winning a debate. So you can both be winners.

Have a great Thanksgiving.
Much obliged, as usual Moss...

The driven attachments I'm looking at are mechanical PTO driven, with hydraulic adjustment. For instance, the Ino flail mower and brush grabber... the flail mower is shaft driven, while the up/down of the brush grabber is hydraulic.

I think the only exception to this, is the soil conditioner I intend to purchase... but I'm fairly certain they have a shaft driven version as well, with a reversible gearbox.

Given how long these tractors have been in use, I doubt the 4-lug wheel attachment will be an issue... and I don't plan on doing any stump pulling, as it's only 38hp. The biggest thing I'm in it for, is the reversible operation. I will post a couple links to videos of attachments I have great use for that lend to such configuration.

Thanks for helping keep this thread intact and properly oriented.

That is sooo cool! Does that use special attachments?
Yes and no.

It has a class-1 3-point hitch with a 540/1000 PTO... so anything of that specification will work. That's the "no" part of the "anything special".

The reversible operator's station lends itself to a multitude of uses... aside from the spine/cramp saving part of not having to look over your shoulder for various tasks like trim mowing, soil conditioning/leveling, post hole auger work, etc. ...

As I said before, I will post links to a couple videos of attachments that lend themselves to out-front operation, and the ability to do so without having to look around a good or run blind of the attachment.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2007 Vermeer BC1000XL Towable Wood Chipper (A33249)
2007 Vermeer...
2014 JOHN DEERE 469 MEGA WIDE PLUS ROUND BALER, S/N 469XKEE400775, (NO MONITOR & NO SLIP ON PTO (A34808)
2014 JOHN DEERE...
1990 BELSHE T18 T/A BACKHOE TRAILER, S/N 163F01629K1020922, RAMPS, BILL OF SALE... (A34808)
1990 BELSHE T18...
2023 John Deere 408R Sprayer (A33028)
2023 John Deere...
4916 569 JOHN DEERE ROUND BALER W/1000 PTO & MON 15050 BALES W/NET WRAP 2015 MODEL S/N:1E00569XJF... (A34733)
4916 569 JOHN...
New MIVA VA13 Mini Excavator (A34302)
New MIVA VA13 Mini...