All-electric Bobcat compact track loader

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #71  
Yep, lots of dirt moving tasks indoors. How many large scale projects can you point us to where the residents remained while the building was rehabbed?
Well JD and another company did a line of tractors aimed at just such a use except the the dirt is chicken ****.
The 4 series HD's are poultry specials
How about indoor arenas, stalls etc

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #72  
That's fantastic. Operating tiny skid steer front end loaders has always been a hobby of mine. They didn't state it outright, but hinted there will be no hydraulics, which is fantastic if real, however there are a lot of choices for existing bobcat hydraulic skid steers that will have to be modified to work with electricity. If this becomes popular, it will only be a temporary issue, and electric power supplies may become more versatile.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #73  
Electric drive motors and ball screws have been used on CNC equipment since the 80's so the bugs should be ironed out by now.
I've got much good experience using ball screws. Majority of people have no idea what they are.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #74  
I've got much good experience using ball screws. Majority of people have no idea what they are.
Same, we have a lot of heavy duty CNC machines here at my work. But I am pretty curious how they hold up to harsh use all day long with dirt and dust trying to get past seals, etc.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #75  
Yep, lots of dirt moving tasks indoors. How many large scale projects can you point us to where the residents remained while the building was rehabbed?
It happens every day in every city across the country when a tenant fit out happens in a multi-story office building. Entire floors are demolished and re-built to accommodate the new tenant while the other floors are occupied by other tenants.

I can also see rigging contractors being attracted to battery operated machines since they are operating inside factories while moving heavy machinery.

The comments about Sun Belt are pretty much off the mark as they are a very well run European based company that is very profitable. They would not be getting into this market if they did not believe it was going to be in their best interest and financially worthwhile. If nothing else their maintenance costs will be negligible compared to a hydrocarbon fueled machine.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #76  
With all the hype and hysteria about things going electric, no matter what side are you are on, has the world even though of or envisioned the environmental waste for depleted battery systems in the future, are we going to have toxic cess pools from dead and dying batteries just like plastics and nuclear waste....The is going to be so many used vehicles on market it going to be a problem as the come to near end of battery life....

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #77  
With all the hype and hysteria about things going electric, no matter what side are you are on, has the world even though of or envisioned the environmental waste for depleted battery systems in the future, are we going to have toxic cess pools from dead and dying batteries just like plastics and nuclear waste....The is going to be so many used vehicles on market it going to be a problem as the come to near end of battery life....
Of course not. Because that's not what the push to electric is about. It's about making people money and about control.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #78  
I'm a believer in the free market and the ability of it to react to the opportunity to make money from what others perceive as a problem. Only time will tell, but my bet is there will be solutions for these "problems" when they occur.

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #79  
All those are real issues to contend with. The problem is, since there is not enough organic market demand to drive/initiate the build-out of the infrastructure required to address those issues then what will happen is the government will force the vehicles mainstream and then "have to" find ways to fund the solutions/infrastructure with taxpayer money. We'll all end up paying for something that isn't enticing enough on its own for us to want it.
I agree with that but i also feel it has to be put forward with the caveat that the main reason existing fuels are so cheap is because of a century of subsidies in a million forms. Maybe over a century considering it's been over a century since Prohibition started, and that was essentially an anti-competitive movement to prop up oil. Meanwhile, today we subsidize Corn Alcohol and mix it with all our gas.. what would Henry Ford say? Anyway, i digress..

Nuclear has it even worse than other renewables in terms of being behind the curve. It's true that unless we can get China/India to adopt cleaner practices then what USA does cannot bend the curve, but asking someone with less than you to spend more than you to get less than you is never going to work. What that means is the only way to get those players to be 'clean' is to make clean hit cost-parity with dirty. Sad thing is, at this point China is doing about as much to 'save the world' through the cheapening renewables as we are. Carter put solar panels on the white house in the late 70s. There was a big initiative. Panels came down in early 80s. Take a guess on that one. Nuclear has it worse in terms of 'dropping it' for decades and then coming back to it and all the same unsolved problems even though its 2022. Where are the flying cars? We're still working on the problems we punted on 40 years ago. Nuclear needs huge subsidies partially because cheaper reactors that would have been developed havent been because of knee jerk abandonment over safety issues, and the safety issues cause ludicrous insurance requirements. Sad to say, the safety issues primarily have been the problem of insufficient budgeting to keep enough brainpower in the control room at all times. Meanwhile, the US Navy has been taking reactors that for-profit operators can't keep running on land, and floating them all over the world for half a century.

Oh man, i shouldn't have gotten started. :ROFLMAO:

/ All-electric Bobcat compact track loader #80  
I agree with that but i also feel it has to be put forward with the caveat that the main reason existing fuels are so cheap is because of a century of subsidies in a million forms. Maybe over a century considering it's been over a century since Prohibition started, and that was essentially an anti-competitive movement to prop up oil. Meanwhile, today we subsidize Corn Alcohol and mix it with all our gas.. what would Henry Ford say? Anyway, i digress..

Nuclear has it even worse than other renewables in terms of being behind the curve. It's true that unless we can get China/India to adopt cleaner practices then what USA does cannot bend the curve, but asking someone with less than you to spend more than you to get less than you is never going to work. What that means is the only way to get those players to be 'clean' is to make clean hit cost-parity with dirty. Sad thing is, at this point China is doing about as much to 'save the world' through the cheapening renewables as we are. Carter put solar panels on the white house in the late 70s. There was a big initiative. Panels came down in early 80s. Take a guess on that one. Nuclear has it worse in terms of 'dropping it' for decades and then coming back to it and all the same unsolved problems even though its 2022. Where are the flying cars? We're still working on the problems we punted on 40 years ago. Nuclear needs huge subsidies partially because cheaper reactors that would have been developed havent been because of knee jerk abandonment over safety issues, and the safety issues cause ludicrous insurance requirements. Sad to say, the safety issues primarily have been the problem of insufficient budgeting to keep enough brainpower in the control room at all times. Meanwhile, the US Navy has been taking reactors that for-profit operators can't keep running on land, and floating them all over the world for half a century.

Oh man, i shouldn't have gotten started. :ROFLMAO:
Uhhuh and they have an unresolved waste stream.
US Navy says it met Idaho deadline on spent nuclear fuel | AP News

Of course, Russia is no better off..Russia’s ‘slow-motion Chernobyl’ at sea.

PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Labs) and INL (Idaho National Labs) are working on efforts to recycle nuclear fuel.

SMR’s are supposed to be the future but we’ll see what happens