Air show collision: B17 and P63

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #11  
Sad...very sad.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #12  
Sorry to hear of this. Doing what they love. K5lwq described it well.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #13  
Every so often I read about a disaster at an air show. It makes me wonder if planes in air shows have more accidents than planes in general.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #14  
We have a smaller local air show every year in my community and they only seem to run one aircraft at a time. The announcer will announce it taking off, it will do several low-level fly overs, land and then the next aircraft will take off.

Seems less confusing and far less dangerous. We also get to focus on the one aircraft in the sky.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #16  
Every so often I read about a disaster at an air show. It makes me wonder if planes in air shows have more accidents than planes in general.
In a ratio aspect such as flying time v accidents, I'm certain they do. I'm also certain they are flying with no restrictions or very, very limited restrictions in regards to safety. Such as distance from other craft, etc.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #17  
I saw that late last night on the news. Just awful.

This morning they said there were no paying passengers on the B-17, just the crew. And they didn't think anyone on the ground was injured.

Having worked at several air shows in my past, I was always concerned when they did the parade with multiple planes in the air at the same time. When they turn, they can't see anything on the side away from the turn.

RIP to those involved and condolences to the families and aviation community in general.

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #18  

/ Air show collision: B17 and P63 #19  
Hmmm....the B17 was only 1 of 5 that are still air worthy.