Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #1  

mikester

Elite Member
Tractor
M59 TLB
Bliss!

If anyone else is sick of their crappy OEM Kubota seats with no suspension I've found a relatively painless upgrade that will work for your M59/M62

I took the plunge and ordered the Kubota "L6026" air suspension seat made for the L6060 cab tractor and found that it fits with very little modifications required. The Kubota seat is a Grammer MSG 75G/531 assembly. I ordered it from my Kubota dealer and it lists for CDN$1290.00 and it was in stock at Kubota and shipped to my dealer for free. The same seat assembly lists online for anywhere from CDN$1,500-$1,900 plus shipping which is about $200-$300 due to size and weight. The seat gives you about 3 inches of air ride suspension, more comfy cloth seating, better arm rests, and adjustable back rest, and two inches of added seat height.

1646410600716.png

I was able to re-use my OEM swivel. All I had to do was remove the OEM suspension and seat belts, drill 4 holes in the L6026 base to fit the bolt hole locations on the OEM swivel, and voila - air ride seat!

If there is enough interest I can post more photos and a writeup on the install. Let me know if you want to see more.

Bye bye sucky M59 seat.

Attachments

• seat01_oem_l.jpg
    seat01_oem_l.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 303
  • seat12_installed2_l.jpg
    seat12_installed2_l.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 304
   / Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #2  
I have the same seat on my L6060. Not cheap but worth every penny. I figure it will pay for itself in reduced chiropractor visits.

I'm planning on installing one on my MX5800 as well. Thanks for the modification tips!

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #4  
Has any one else got one of the upgrade seat , also this shude fit in a L4060 right

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #5  
Mikester, what are the pros and cons now after a year of use? Your mods are making my M59 jealous.
I was going to put an air ride seat in our M59 - although that project is on hold until I fix the air leak on the JD310's air seat. That's the un-mentioned down side of an air ride seat.... if they leak, you gradually settle down until the compressor comes on and pumps it back up.

In the meanwhile, to keep the M59 happy I put some more shims under the OEM seat mounting points to raise it up, discovered that lubing and adjusting the spring made a huge difference, and I removed that useless parking brake handle beside the seat. Now the stock seat is working much better. Plans are still t replace it with with a Grammer some day.
rScotty

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB
Mikester, what are the pros and cons now after a year of use? Your mods are making my M59 jealous.
I was going to put an air ride seat in our M59 - although that project is on hold until I fix the air leak on the JD310's air seat. That's the un-mentioned down side of an air ride seat.... if they leak, you gradually settle down until the compressor comes on and pumps it back up.

In the meanwhile, to keep the M59 happy I put some more shims under the OEM seat mounting points to raise it up, discovered that lubing and adjusting the spring made a huge difference, and I removed that useless parking brake handle beside the seat. Now the stock seat is working much better. Plans are still t replace it with with a Grammer some day.
rScotty
One year on and I'm a happy camper.

The down side is I should have stopped trying to be cheap and put it in sooner - the money I thought I was saving was spent on chiro and RMT bills due to the brutally crappy OEM seat aggravating my sciatica. "Mechanical suspension" is the name of the Japanese city the seat was made in.

To be fair, if I want to pressure wash inside the cab I have to be more careful around the cloth seat. If I slide the seat back all the way I think the steering needs to be telescopic or a little higher to make it perfect.

On the plus side the air seat gives me a couple inches higher seating position, and I can slide the seat forward more than the OEM which is great for a better view when using the forks. It also slides back a little more for leg room up front. It's a little easier spin into the BH position because I can push the seat back more than the OEM rails allow. I also appreciate the cloth seats, I dislike sitting on slippery and sweaty vinyl seats.

If you do upgrade get the Kubota seat made by Grammar, it's cheaper through the K dealership than the same seat through Grammar. No shipping charges either. Vinyl is an option if you don't have a cab.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #7  
Well i call my dealer for a price on a L6026 1700.00$ plus tax shipping .No way am going to get this the price is crazy. Then i call DARBY MANUFACTURING they sell the same seat but 2100.00$ plus shipping .Well that it no upgrade seat for me.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB
Well i call my dealer for a price on a L6026 1700.00$ plus tax shipping .No way am going to get this the price is crazy. Then i call DARBY MANUFACTURING they sell the same seat but 2100.00$ plus shipping .Well that it no upgrade seat for me.
Nice...more post covid gouging. Priced $1290 a year ago is now $1700

Then again I got gas 2 weeks ago at $1.31/L, yesterday I managed to find $1.41/L and every other station was $1.51/L

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #9  
I was wondering if a tractor trailer air ride seat would work. Adding a small air tank and 12v pump shouldn't be hard, although space for them is at a premium. If a new seat is too expensive, there are plenty of wrecker yards for tractor trailers that might sell one a little more reasonable. One problem might be the height, as a tractor trailer seat "seems" to be a lot higher than most tractor seats I have sat on, especially on the smaller tractors.
RScotty, consider a small air tank about the size of a 2L drink bottle and if possible raise the cut in/out levels of your pump to keep the tank filled at a higher pressure and that may allow the air seat to stay in position instead of dropping as the air pressure drops.
Just a thought...
David from jax

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #10  
I have an L47TLB on the way, and having failed lumbar back surgery, your post caught my eye, and made my back smile. Am I assuming too much that the L62 and L47 share the same seat mount and seat, so that I could use your model seat in my yet to arrive L47? I can hope.