Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #11  
IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

Today added some 1/2” rubber pads to M59 seat. Stacked two to the front, one in back to raise and tilt the seat back a little. M8x1.25x45mm new bolts. Already tell improved sitting position. No sure about improved cushioning. Now the backup alarm sounds in forward and reverse! Have to study a fix for that.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #12  
Well, in the spirit of something is better than nothing - here is the low dollar seat improvement from 2008. Still works fine. Universal...

Only problem with this low dollar improvement is it works best with young low dollar backs.
I'm going to look for a genuine Grammer seat myself.

If you do something like this, note that SmokeyDog and I both raised the switch under the front of the seat. That switch does several things, so just raise and don't have to figure out what & why.

For the backup alarm, it sure looks like a simple plastic resonant horn. To make it quieter I packed some cotton into the backup alarm horn and added a strip of tape to hold it in place. I haven't heard a peep from it in 15 years now. Wish it worked as well on politicians.

While you are there, here is the $5.00 4wd lockout that Kubota forgot. Home Depot stocks the part. It keeps you from shifting in and out of 4wd when you get on and off the tractor.

Taking the vertical inspection panel off at the front of the seat - (2 bolts and you can see one of them in photo 2). Enables you to get your fingers in there for bolt head access for all of the above.

Removing the parking brake sure makes turning the seat around easier. I think I shorted that switch.
Putting the bucket down is much safer & avoids driving with the brake on. Brake is a wet face brake with friction surfaces that share oil with the HST & hydraulics....think about that....
rScotty

Does Kubota still publish that wonderful Shop Manual? What a valuable thing that is.

Parts to raise seat.JPGseat riser installed.JPG4x4 latch_1.JPG4x4 latch_2.JPG

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #13  
Got to move a fallen dead 30” oak tree from across the driveway this weekend. Enjoyed the elevation and slight tilt back operating the controls the spacers provided. Zip tied the paddle switch to the forward facing position temporarily fixing the backup alarm problem. May still experiment with the spacers. Interesting it also requires the parking brake to be engaged when when facing the rear to start. A separate switch disables the clutch peddle depression to start when facing rear.

The seat cover is well made and stays in place. Much more comfortable in summer than vinyl. Might be able to slip a extra memory foam seat cushion under? Enjoy such a cushion at the kitchen table. Add a Rostra seat heater for those chilly days?

Never to compare I’m sure to the grammar seat ride.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #14  
Has any one else got one of the upgrade seat , also this shude fit in a L4060 right
Yes, here's a photo of the Kubota offering that dealer installed. Not had much time on it but it's wonderful!

IMG_3452.jpg

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #15  
Bliss!

If anyone else is sick of their crappy OEM Kubota seats with no suspension I've found a relatively painless upgrade that will work for your M59/M62

I took the plunge and ordered the Kubota "L6026" air suspension seat made for the L6060 cab tractor and found that it fits with very little modifications required. The Kubota seat is a Grammer MSG 75G/531 assembly. I ordered it from my Kubota dealer and it lists for CDN$1290.00 and it was in stock at Kubota and shipped to my dealer for free. The same seat assembly lists online for anywhere from CDN$1,500-$1,900 plus shipping which is about $200-$300 due to size and weight. The seat gives you about 3 inches of air ride suspension, more comfy cloth seating, better arm rests, and adjustable back rest, and two inches of added seat height.

View attachment 735858
I was able to re-use my OEM swivel. All I had to do was remove the OEM suspension and seat belts, drill 4 holes in the L6026 base to fit the bolt hole locations on the OEM swivel, and voila - air ride seat!

If there is enough interest I can post more photos and a writeup on the install. Let me know if you want to see more.

Bye bye sucky M59 seat.
Just got my air ride seat was wondering if you have a few pic of hold you added you ome swivel the seat in my l4060

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #16  
Did you have to make a jumper wire for your PTO swich i dint get the outer wire for the pot .Not sure if i have to use my old swich if so how did you put it back on the new seat.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #17  
I have that seat installed for over 15 years. Works well. Recently fixed a wire short and moved it over to the ZD331

IMG_0452.jpeg

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #18  
what this swich call i got my sest in but dont have this on my new seat.Do i have to but it on the new seat

Attachments

• 20230402_191425.jpg
    20230402_191425.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
   / Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #19  
Are these "air ride" seats actually air dampened just like any bigger air brake truck?
I always thought that they're just spring or gas type struts that didn't require an air system.

/ Air Seat Upgrade for my M59 TLB #20  
Id say like the big truck air seat it have a small compreser that fills a air bag