Air hose

/ Air hose #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I need help finding a comparable air hose I’ve gone to the parts store and they could not find a hose that would work the normal hose they had would not work because it needs a spring inside to keep it from closing up its 3 inch diameter

Attachments

• B3A807F4-962F-4A13-82CC-ADE37F8DD33A.jpeg
    B3A807F4-962F-4A13-82CC-ADE37F8DD33A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
   / Air hose #2  
Brady D,

I'm not clear on what your looking for or the problem your trying to correct. Are you looking to replace or extend the hose connecting the air filter with the intake manifold? What is wrong with current hose connecting the air filter to intake manifold?

/ Air hose
Brady D,

I'm not clear on what your looking for or the problem your trying to correct. Are you looking to replace or extend the hose connecting the air filter with the intake manifold? What is wrong with current hose connecting the air filter to intake manifold?
It’s dry rotted just need an exact replacement

/ Air hose #4  
Brady D You give us no clue as to what this hose goes on.
Its like saying I need a set of piston rings
You need to give a description exactly what is goes to
etc

willy

/ Air hose #5  
It seems pretty clear to me. The Op needs to replace the hose from his air cleaner to intake manifold, and the one at the parts store would collapse from the vacuum to which the hose is subjected. If the hose is heavy enough, it probably doesn't need a spring. I am not sure what stores they have in Middle Tennessee, but around here they have a chain called "House of Hose" that specializes primarily in hydraulic hoses, but has a full range of hoses of all sizes, up to several inches in diameter. I'd also check online. It isn't surprising that a local run of the mill parts store would have nothing to help.

/ Air hose #6  
If it is leaking, you could probably duct tape it as a temporary repair while you find a replacement hose.

/ Air hose #7  
I need help finding a comparable hose I’ve gone to the parts store and they could not find a hose that would work the normal hose they had would not work because it needs a spring inside to keep it from closing up its 3 inch diameter
Brady D,

I don't know if the contributors can help with this one, however I would buy the hose with the "spring" inside and try it. Cut the spring back at both end so you get good seal at connections points. Alternatively, you can remove the entire spring and see if the hose collapses in use. The reason the spring is inside the hose is to provide support to the hose while while is sees heat of 210-300'F since these hoses, with the spring inside, are typically used to carry hot water from engine to the radiator. When unsupported hose, depending on construction, sees these higher temps they lose their rigidity and collpase under suction, since your application is air temp, you may not see hose wall collapse.

/ Air hose #8  
Since it's an air hose, all you need to ensure is that it's air tight. I would look for a rubber hose that can make the bends and replace the straight sections with metal pipe. Hose clamps will make it air tight. Depending on the size of the hose, you might be able to find something in the HVAC department of a store, or online.

I added a very large air filter to my dump truck that's located in front of the tire, just behind the head light. To get there, I used flexible metal dryer ducting.

/ Air hose #9  
If the dealer cannot get it any longer then try a diesel parts store such as a Cummins repair center or Stewart & Stevenson.

/ Air hose
Brady D You give us no clue as to what this hose goes on.
Its like saying I need a set of piston rings
You need to give a description exactly what is goes to
etc

willy
It’s an air hose from the filter box to the manifold