Agricat project- need help!

/ Agricat project- need help! #1  

addicted

Tractor
unknown mini
Hi everyone. I have an old track loader that i want to fix up. my dad bought it many years ago and it was working OK, but it has been sitting since he died in 06. I'm very mechanical and have a pretty well equipped shop but have never worked on equipment like this, so i'm not familiar with all the terminology.

it has a newer Briggs engine that i'm pretty sure i can get running, but it was constantly throwing the tracks, and i think the brakes(clutches?) need to be adjusted or rebuilt.

searching for info on it i believe it to be an agricat that was made by joost in kalifornia. cant find a serial number or model info but there is a nameplate from DESCO on long island NY that appears to be who sold it. I cant find any info on that company either.

At this point i power washed it, stripped some of the parts and determined that 2 of the track frame mounts broke and need to be re welded and reinforced.

the T pins that link the track are worn out and need to be replaced, but i cant find a vendor. . .they are 9/16 diameter, but worn down to about 1/2" and the track is likely several inches longer than it should be.

the track rollers also appear to be worn down, as the ridge in the center that the chain rides in is about 1/2" wide and the one on the front idler is 1"+, so i probably need to make some new rollers.

any info that you guys can share would be greatly appreciated. even good pictures of what it should look like will help immensely.

Thanks!
mike

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 528
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 371
   / Agricat project- need help! #2  
A few questions on my Agricat model L that I’m restoring. I need the keeper pins that hold the track pins in place, Did you have to replace those on yours and if so where did you find them? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tyler