Agco vs MF

/ Agco vs MF
I think it is an 03, he had six or seven of these units. with a fel. the price was 11,500.00 with a gear tranny

do not know if that is good or bad. went by the MF dealer today after work and he had a 1428 just like the Agco, except red, but I could not get any one to talk with me, it was about 20 minutes before closing and they were busy putting up the tractors.
i will try tomorrow.

thanks
dc /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Agco vs MF #14  
The MF, AGCO, and Challenger are all the same just painted different colors, built by Iseki
Chuck M.

/ Agco vs MF #15  
<font color="blue"> The MF, AGCO, and Challenger are all the same just painted different colors, built by Iseki </font>
They are all made by Iseki, but most if not all of the Challengers are the MF 1200 line not the new 1400's series.

/ Agco vs MF #16  
Jerry- Don't you think the Caterpiller dealers will have all the model's available to them??
Chuck M.

/ Agco vs MF #17  
Yes, but from what I have seen they are all 1200's. I have spoken to a couple of dealers about it and they seem to believe that it is one of the ways AGCO is trying to keep the Cat some what different from the AGCOs and the Masseys at least as far as the compacts go. They still have a full line up with maybe the exception of the GC2310. Each model has an equivalent in the 1200's vs the 1400's except for the before mentioned GC.

/ Agco vs MF #18  
I looked at the AGCOs and Masseys and the AGCO here was about $2000 less than Massey. The dealer told me they were trying to get them off the lot and under peoples butts so they would get to be known. Allis Chalmers has been pretty much gone since the compact tractor craze started. Maybe if they called them AGCO Allis there would be more name recognition. They are great tractors but what turned me away was:
1. Lack of faith in the dealer even though they were an established dealer.
2. The loader was pink instead of orange. That's right, I said pink. The dealer said the manufacturer of the loader had messed the paint color up. At first I thought it was just faded but looking on the bottom side of the frame it was pink. Dealer said AGCO would pay for a new paint job on the loader but I didn't want orange peeling off and revealing pink later on.
3. The way the dealer had mounted the loader it was not quick attach.

I also looked at a CAT Challenger compact that was identical to the MF1433 and the comparable AGCO and CAT wanted about $6000 more. Gee CAT orange paint cost more than JD green.

/ Agco vs MF #19  
fluffyone , I had been window shopping on the eastern shore of maryland at an agco dealer, I was pricing the st35 & st30 w/ hydro trans & fel and my quote was 20,800 and 18,500 respectively, now maybe this guy was just waiting to see if I was serious but after I regained conciousness I excused myself from the premises and went to soutern md. to get the 1433v for exactly $5000. american dollars less for the the same tractor minus the hydro trans which is about $1000. over the standard shuttle trans , So I'm a little confused that the other posts were saying that the agco was less than the massey, what gives?
Probably the agco dealer I was talking to was giving the list price
on the units I inquired about /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif because if the agco's are less than the massey's I may have ended up with a peach colored tractor? (NOT)but now I would really like to know /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif