Agco vs MF

/ Agco vs MF #1  

fluffyone

Bronze Member
Can any one tell me the difference? The agco dealer here is about 2000.00 than the Massey. Also why is the Agco such an unknown? Everyone wants to talk about green and orange, but the Agco is orange also. Please help, i want to make the plunge, but do not want to make a mistake. I dont mind paying more even for the green if it is worth it.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Agco vs MF #2  
Basically the same tractors,just different colors. I don't really think any brand or color is worth the extra $$$ these days. Unless it is the only one out there with a certain option you figure you can not live without for any longer!!

/ Agco vs MF #3  
<font color="blue"> Also why is the Agco such an unknown? </font>
It is not a very old company, it was started in the 1990's by men from the old Allis Chalmers and International Harvester companies. They was nothing until they bought Massey Ferguson. And now they haven't figured out where there bacon is coming from (MF) and keep messing with and trying to get the AGCO brand moving. Me personally, I wish that they would get rid of the AGCO stuff and put everything where it belongs in Massey. If you couldn't tell, this is a sore spot for me.

/ Agco vs MF #4  
I would agree that no color is automatically better than any other. I have certain likes and dislikes, and so I might fit better on one of my tractors than another, but I'm color blind when buying a tractor.

I want one that will do what I need to get done, and I want a dealer close by because I am not the smartest guy in the world (just as my wife) so I need help from a dealer if something goes really wrong.

As for why AGCO and MASSEY are different prices, that is a good question, but I suspect the real answer is that one dealer has higher overhead than the other or thinks his "brand" can command a premium price. Try both, study the features, and make sure you are comfortable with the dealer support (doesn't have to be a big dealer, just one who cares). Let your gut help you make up your mind.

There are a lot of premium brands out there. Deere, New Holland & Kubota are the biggest right now. But a few years ago Kubtoa was an unknown while MF, White, I-H Farmalls, Fords and Olivers all plowed fields. Things change. The little Masseys appear to be great tractors. Kioti is coming on strong. Dealer networks do a lot to grow brands, and you might just be on the cutting edge with your choice.

/ Agco vs MF #5  
I've sat on both Agco and Massey and they have really nice gear shifts. I like the Massey since it is red and an old company I can relate to with our Massey 135 tractor. My favorite compact Massey is the 1455.

/ Agco vs MF #6  
Is that Agco 2000.00 MORE or LESS than the Massey?

/ Agco vs MF
The agco is about 2000.00 less than the same size massey. Also Jerry, you seem sold on red, can you tell me why? I really like them both.

Thanks
DeWayne /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Agco vs MF #8  
Fluffyone,
You might ask the dealer how long he has had the tractor on the lot? About the middle of the year, MF reduced the price of their tractors about $2K. That is about what it amounted to with a loader anyway.

/ Agco vs MF
<font color="orange"> </font> i called him and he did say this was last years tractor. do not know if that makes any difference, he said it still had a full warranty and all that good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Agco vs MF #10  
Does he mean 2002 ? It would be paid inventory,and probably at the higher price before the reductions AGCO had across the board on CUTs.