Agco stx30

/ Agco stx30 #1  

SugarBear

I'm stongly considering buying(for my wife) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif an AGCO ST30X w/FEL, 4' HD brush cutter, grader blade and 18' HD trailer for just under 17K. Does anybody have any feedbaclk? Positive or negative is appreciated. I've always used much larger equipment so the compact tractor world is new to me.

Thanks

/ Agco stx30 #2  
As far as I know the Agco CUT's are manufactured by Iseki as are the Massey's. My 1455v has been all I expected but I haven't used any of the smaller tractors in the lineup. Just looking at them at the dealer's place they seem like they would be good equipment. I would think the important thing would be to be sure what you need or want before you buy! It'll cost you to trade up in a couple of years of you don't do your homework now.

/ Agco stx30
Thanks for the input. The smaller tractors are more suited for my needs now. I have a 60+/_ Massey with Perkins power that has been a very good machine. I just hope the smaller Japanese versions are as good. My 292 was built in Mexico. It's just too big for my needs.

/ Agco stx30 #4  
SugarBear,The stx is the economy model if I'm not mistaken,Same as a Massey 1428v ..If this tractor has a hydro trans,The base tractor should come in about $11k-$12k,loader $3k ,4' rotary ?,blade hvy.duty no more than $300,trailer 18' wooden deck $12-$1500,These are all estimates from my experience in my area..so your price doesn't seem outta line of course the shuttle trans is about $1k less..Bottom line is do you like the tractor??does it fit your needs and your wife?does she like the color? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Agco stx30
Went with the Agco. The dealer was the deciding factor, plus Mrs. SugarBear liked the orange better. I'll pick it up next week end.

Thanks for the responses.

/ Agco stx30 #6  
Hi,

Congratulations on the new purchase!! Post some pic for us please as soon as you get it!!

Good luck and happy tractoring!!

Will

/ Agco stx30 #7  
glenn9643,
I see in your profile a 6x8 carryall. Is that a 3 point? Does it dump? Dump manually or hydraulically? What's the brand? Where would I get one?

/ Agco stx30 #8  
Hey sugarbear, Got that new stx30 broken in yet?!! WE Want some pictures, Please!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif