Agco st34

/ Agco st34 #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
I have been looking at the Agco st34 for a few years now, I really like the power shuttle transmission. I know Massey makes a similar tractor. A dealer told me it is getting hard to get the st's. Is this true? If it is is it the same way with Massey? I haven't talked to my local dealer lately but 3 months ago he gave me a price of $19500 on a new st with power shuttle, FEL with quick tatch bucket. Is this a good price? How would a similar Massey price out? Thanks in advance Jim

/ Agco st34 #2  
Our local Agco dealer is starting to phase out the orange and replace them with new masseys, same tractors, they just think the masseys are a little more popular right now. If they still have that price, that sounds like a pretty good deal. We paid a couple thousand less 3 years ago for a ST34 syncro-shuttle, probably the best tractor for the money at that time.

/ Agco st34
Rope1 How many hours do you have on it now? Any problems with it? I plan on putting a blade on front to plow snow, do you think it has enough power for deep snow? Should the tires be filled or is traction good without? I'd sooner not fill tires if I can get by without.

/ Agco st34 #4  
rope1 said:
Our local Agco dealer is starting to phase out the orange and replace them with new masseys, same tractors, they just think the masseys are a little more popular right now. If they still have that price, that sounds like a pretty good deal. We paid a couple thousand less 3 years ago for a ST34 syncro-shuttle, probably the best tractor for the money at that time.

The AGCO Brand Tractor and Challenger Brand are available by dealer orders for retail or stock. Massey Ferguson also can be ordered by the dealer but due to the numbers sold AGCO corporation is stocking additional Massey Ferguson models. Massey is the strongest brand for AGCO Corp in the Compact market so that is the reason they offer units stocked in company inventory. Feature-for-feature they are identical pricing. We sell both AGCO Brand and Massey Ferguson. We stock the Massey Ferguson brand and can special order AGCO branded compacts. Massey Ferguson is the world-wide leader in compacts and utility tractors and AGCO corporation is providing additional promotion of the Massey brand and stocking due to this strong global representation. Hope that clear up the confusion.

/ Agco st34 #5  
Only thing I have had to replace is the fuel shut off solenoid, which has been a problem on a few of these machines. Dealer overnighted the part and covered it, took about 5 minutes to replace, not a big deal. Other than that it works flawless, btw, I've got about 250 hours on so far, and probably use it as hard as anybody. I've got a 9' springtooth I use to work up a 125 x 250 arena once a week, run 2-300 bales a year thru a JD 214 baler, overload a New Holland 525 manure spreader on a regular basis, and move a lot of snow in the winter. I've got 2 sets of wheel weights on R4 tires and don't have much traction issue pulling a 6' blade through snow, and I'm sure you'd be fine with a front blade.

/ Agco st34
Thanks for the responses. The Agco dealer here is having a hard time getting any of the Agco tractors in because of no company stock. I stopped in 3 or four months ago, he said he had some on order. Stopped again on August 15 still no tractors. He showed me paperwork that they should have arrived on August 12. Said he would call when they came in even offered to bring one out for me to demo for the weekend. Still no tractor. He is also a Bobcat dealer, said he wasn't planning on taking on the Bobcat tractors but he needed some compacts on the lot, hard to sell if you don't have them.

/ Agco st34 #7  
We sell M/F Tractors. And we have had a hard time getting Tractors.
We took on Mahindra Tractors this year and we have no problem getting tractors at all with them.

/ Agco st34 #8  
Stock levels have been depleted due to very good YTD sales on Massey Ferguson CUTS.