Ballast Advice on unloading rear tires for transport.

/ Advice on unloading rear tires for transport. #11  
Pulling with a powerstroke? Why, I'd leave the fluid in.

LOL! Absolutley. More important is get the right tongue load on that truck, makes the driving so much easier.

Either way the SD 250 or 350 would have no problems.

Good travels!

-BobT (pulls stuff with 04 Ram 3500 CTD)

/ Advice on unloading rear tires for transport. #12  
If it has the 15-19.5 tires, then Roy is right, my 790 took 30 gallons. With Rim Guard weighing approximately 11lbs per gallon, that is only an additional 660lbs. If it is like most tractors that are filled at the dealer today (or even the mobile independent fillers some use) it will have a mix of Methanol & Water, since methanol is lighter than water, you usually net around 7lbs. per gallon which is around an extra 420lbs. Around here, it costs on average $200 to have tires filled, so unless you are going to be saving $200 in fuel for not carrying the extra few hundred pounds, its probably not worth it to drain them. Not to mention, when you get to where you are going, you either have to take it somewhere or wait to have someone come to you to fill them before you have the convience of using a tractor with filled tires right away.

/ Advice on unloading rear tires for transport.
The truck is a Powerstroke. Wasn't worried so much about the weight as the water freezing next winter. If the move happens, and I am pretty certain at this point, the tractor will be staying. Guess I need to see the dealer and see what they loaded it with. Want to get some light guards so I can mount some higher lights anyways. :D Good excuse to go by. So with the tiller and box blade in the bed, and the tractor/RFM/forks and bucket on the trailer, might have to leave my darling bride here.

Just kidding, she has her own truck.:laughing:

/ Advice on unloading rear tires for transport.
One more question, the dealer here loaded the rears with straight water, if I wanted to get the Rim Guard up north, would I have to break the wheels down and get all the water out, or could I just drain as much as possible out and fill them up with the rim guard?

/ Advice on unloading rear tires for transport. #15  
One more question, the dealer here loaded the rears with straight water, if I wanted to get the Rim Guard up north, would I have to break the wheels down and get all the water out, or could I just drain as much as possible out and fill them up with the rim guard?

I'd leave the liquid in your tires until you get to WI. Might be easier just to do the fluid swap there. But don't leave any water in your tires...