Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #11  
s219, .....My B2620 was the same way when brand new....maybe 1/4 inch. When the dealer was asked, I just got the "dumb" look. In previous TBN discussions, some have commented that most FEL's are or get like that. I think that some have even suggested tweaking the raised FEL against a tree. The bucket edge is worn more on the low side due to the discrepancy. I don't know if it ever worked itself out since the Piranha tooth bar was installed. I never tried to loosen/readjust any frame bolts, but did find some needing a little torque when the 50-100 hour inspection was done.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?
But you know it isn't mounted right. There's about zero chance that Kubota designed the loader to be higher on one side than the other.

My guess is that something was done wrong when it was originally bolted together.
I don't mean to pry, but you did post and now I'm curious.....Is there some reason why with only 60 hours on a new tractor that you don't have the dealer come out and make it right?
puzzled, rScotty

It's either an error in the welding of the loader frame or mount, or it wasn't 100% level when the dealer put the loader on and bolted the brackets down. They are supposed to put a little pressure on the loader before tightening the bolts, on a level surface of course. It wouldn't take more than a fraction of an inch of slop on the mounting end to make 3/8" discrepancy on the bucket end.

To be honest, it's a minor thing and has never impacted usability, so it wasn't worth trailering the tractor back to the dealer. I am just thinking that after 60 hrs, I can make a minor adjustment if that's all it takes. I know on some Deeres, you can get an uneven bucket just in the routine practice of removing and reattaching the loader, so it could be the same here, or maybe it's just in the bolts.

Since it's easy enough, I will probably take off the front loader and then reattach to see if that helps. If not, I will loosen all the mounting bolts and see if I can get the bucket to level up on my concrete barn floor, then re-torque everything.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #13  
I tried loosening the bolts on my B26 to get it level but there really isn't enough slop to move it. One thing to check is the air pressure in your tires. A few pounds low in one side and high in the other will make a big difference in the FEL bucket levelling.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #14  
If you have another bucket available, put it on and see if it is the same way.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #15  
My Brother's L3240 was that way. Spend a few minutes digging up a rock or stump with the left corner and it would be low. spend a few minutes digging up a rock or stump with the right corner and it would be low.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #16  
It's either an error in the welding of the loader frame or mount, or it wasn't 100% level when the dealer put the loader on and bolted the brackets down. They are supposed to put a little pressure on the loader before tightening the bolts, on a level surface of course. It wouldn't take more than a fraction of an inch of slop on the mounting end to make 3/8" discrepancy on the bucket end.

To be honest, it's a minor thing and has never impacted usability, so it wasn't worth trailering the tractor back to the dealer. I am just thinking that after 60 hrs, I can make a minor adjustment if that's all it takes. I know on some Deeres, you can get an uneven bucket just in the routine practice of removing and reattaching the loader, so it could be the same here, or maybe it's just in the bolts.

Since it's easy enough, I will probably take off the front loader and then reattach to see if that helps. If not, I will loosen all the mounting bolts and see if I can get the bucket to level up on my concrete barn floor, then re-torque everything.

OK, that makes sense to me. Still it would be nicer if it were square. And there's no guarantee that the dealer that got it wrong in the first place is going to get it right even if you do beat on him enough to get him to try. And some chance he will do something stupid.

You are lucky to have a level concrete barn floor. If it were mine I'd get the tractor onto a level barn floor, equalize the tires, loosen all those mounting bolts and see if I could then get the bucket to sit square and level to the tractor when all the loader mounting bolts were loose. If I could, then I'd know it was just a matter of tightening them up right. I agree that it might be a matter of a fraction of an inch.

That kind of measurement can be a pain, but something that might really help make it possible would be to use one of those laser beam levels that carpenters use. I see that Harbor Freight has them in the 30 to 50 dollar range. With a level inside floor and one of those laser levels painting a red line across the bucket and trator you're all set to turn a drudge job into a fun job. Now with the bucket square and the tractor square it ought to be a matter of just tightening the loader bolts in the proper sequence. An advantage of the laser level would be that you could see in an instant if one corner of the bucket begins to lift when tightening bolts.
luck,
rScotty

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #17  
Usually there is a little clearance in the bolt holes, this makes it easier to get all bolts started before torqueing them down. Whoever installed the loader probably tightened all the mounting bolts on the frame before hooking up the loader & bucket to level it.
Park on smooth concrete surface with loader arms down, bucket flat on the floor (make sure cutting edge is touching floor), loosen all the mounting frame bolts 1 - 1&1/2 turns on both sides plus cross braces if there are any, start tractor and apply some down pressure. If it doesn't set flat move loader up and down a couple times applying down pressure each time. If or when bucket levels out leave down pressure on it and retorque all the bolts.

If you have QA on loader, take bucket off and roll QA out until top touches the floor and see if that sets level. If the QA thits floor evenly but bucket set uneven, the QA frame on bucket is the problem.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #18  
You may have to shim the back axle on one side to get the bucket level to the ground. A conscientious dealer
when putting your loader on pre-delivery at least one I know does this on new tractors with this problem some FEL must come with.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #19  
You may have to shim the back axle on one side to get the bucket level to the ground.

May I ask how you would suggest to "shim a back axle"? Simplest way has been previously stated is to adjust rear tire pressures to get bucket level.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #20  
This thread is getting entertaining. :D