Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #1  

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200, Deere X380, Kubota RTV-X
Since new, the front bucket on my L3200 has been about 3/8" higher on one side than the other. Never really bothered me or affected use, and I figured I'd give it a few hours to see if the frame settled in. Well, at 60 hrs now, there hasn't been a real change. I am wondering if I should loosen up the FEL frame mounting bolts and put some pressure on the bucket to see if that evens things up.

The real question is how much slop there is in the mounting holes; with all those bolts on each side, I can't imagine I'd get a whole lot of movement, but maybe someone has seen the hole sizing and knows. It probably wouldn't take more than 1/16" - 1/8" of slop at the frame end to absorb 3/8" at the end of the loader arms.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, nothing is bent and it's not a tire pressure or ride height issue. I can see the left cylinder is always extended about 1/4" more than the right, so it's got to be in the loader arms and frame mounting somewhere. If I let the loader travel to the limits in either direction, the cylinders will even out and I can see the arms tweak themselves into alignment (temporarily).

thanks,

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #2  
I would remove one bolt completely from a loader mount to see how much play there is.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #3  
Measure the loader arm cylinder from the center of it's pin that holds it, to a known point, do this on both pins for "that" cylinder.
Then, do the same for the other side and see if they match. Who knows, could be a factory mistake.
You could also measure the loader arms that go down to your bucket the same way, check for equal lengths.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #4  
Have you checked to be sure all mounting frame bolts are tight?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?
Have you checked to be sure all mounting frame bolts are tight?

Checked torque at the 50 hr service, and all were tight. I was surprised since there were several loose at the 50 hr service on my previous tractor.

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #6  
Any chance the forks were twisted during use?

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level?
   / Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #8  
Been like this since new, and everything looks straight to me.

But you know it isn't mounted right. There's about zero chance that Kubota designed the loader to be higher on one side than the other.

My guess is that something was done wrong when it was originally bolted together.
I don't mean to pry, but you did post and now I'm curious.....Is there some reason why with only 60 hours on a new tractor that you don't have the dealer come out and make it right?
puzzled, rScotty

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #9  
Been like this since new, and everything looks straight to me.

My L3800 was the same way that I bought new. Sort of thought the same as you that it may work it's way out or I would see what I could do at some point. Ended up selling the tractor, so unfortunately I cannot offer any ideas. Possibly pull the loader off and take some good measurements on the loader mounts on a level surface to decide if the problem is there. If not it may be in the loader itself. Could be Kubota did not manufacture/ build the 525 loader and/ or mounts perfect ??

/ Adjustments to FEL to get bucket level? #10  
Put more air in the tire on the low side....Keep it simple.:) But if you do loosen the loader bolts, be very sure to tighten them back very tightly. They have a tendency to loosen over time and cause all kinds of headaches.