Adjusting wheel spacing (width) on Kubota L4630

/ Adjusting wheel spacing (width) on Kubota L4630 #1  

Rouzba

Tractor
Kubota L4630
Hello !

I am new here but have been getting useful info frequently from these forums, so thanks for that.

I have the opportunity to purchase a Kubota L4630 in the coming weeks. However, I am afraid the tractor will be too narrow for my needs even with wheel adjustments. I need 55 inches of "untouched space" between the tires (width of my garden rows, with a bit of margin). The indicated width of the tractor in the manual (Overall width (min. tread)) is 58.5 inches, so if the back wheels are about 10 inches wide, I get 38,5 inches in between them, which is far off ! For the front wheels, the workshop manual says no adjustments can be made, so I'm not too optimistic.

If anybody has experience with this type of adjusment on a kubota tractor, I'd love to know what is possible !

Thanks

/ Adjusting wheel spacing (width) on Kubota L4630 #2  
First - welcome to TBN. I think about 6" is the widest spacer I've seen for rear wheels. That would add 12" in total width. My Kubota M6040 came with ag rims. They have multiple widths. Consequently - my Owners Manual say - "use no spacers". Make any adjustments by altering the ag rims.

I honestly do not think any tractor manufacturer will/would recommend adding spacers to go from 38.5" to 55". That's a jump of some 17".

/ Adjusting wheel spacing (width) on Kubota L4630
Thanks for your reply and info, I guess I will move on and look for a wider tractor.

/ Adjusting wheel spacing (width) on Kubota L4630 #4  
Suggestion - yes, maybe a wider tractor is one solution. Another solution - look for a tractor that has Ag rims. They have MANY widths that the rims can be adjusted to.

Mine - on my Kubota M6040( both front and rear ) have eight different widths that the rims can be set to.

AND - you certainly DO NOT need to get something as large as my Kubota to get Ag rims.

The Owners Manual on any tractor that comes OEM with Ag rims will have a chart telling each width setting and how wide it will be.