Adjusting treadwidth

/ Adjusting treadwidth #1  

Davidsan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9540 w/FEL
Wondering if anyone has adjusted loaded rears or would it be forbidden? I know it would be difficult to do and the best way would be to drain all fluid from the tires before attempting to move them out. They are heavy enough as is. However, if anyone has done it with success, I'd be interested to know. The tires are 18.4x28.
Thanks for any adivce.

/ Adjusting treadwidth #2  
I've adjusted my L4400 loaded rears, from memory, I think they are 17.5x25. Mine are loaded with 55 gallons of fluid, so weigh somewhere around 650 lbs each. You definitely wanna keep them standing straight up. I can't stand one up by hand if it's laying flat on the floor. You need a smooth, clean floor with no obstacles close by. And definitely no kids or observers hanging around. I don't have any way to pump out the fluid so even though it's a hassle to move them filled, it was better for me than trying to drain and refill. Patience...... :)

/ Adjusting treadwidth #3  
We don't let people do it alone here in the shop when loaderd and for the really large ones we often use mechanical help like a skid steer or fork lift.

Your's shouldn't need mechanical help but don't let the tire lean over to much as you might get hurt! Three people would make it easy.

/ Adjusting treadwidth
Thanks for the posts. I think I'll recruit some of my big friends and bribe them with a meal.