Loader Adjust uneven loader arms?

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #11  
You shoulda got a separate manual for the loader. Might be able to find it on the JD website, too.

'Course your (or his) dealer should be willing to photocopy the adjustment pages from the technical repair or owner's manual.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ Adjust uneven loader arms?
YES, there is adjustment.
If you post some pics of the FEL, will prolly be able to point to where they are. But not off the top of my head. :)

I suppose I could post pics of my loader (assuming he's right and they are the same) if someone could possibly point out on it where the adjustments are. I could then be a hero and show him how to adjust his. :D

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #13  
Have you got a long carpenter's level? One that will extend across the top of the vertical loader masts?

If the mast tops are pretty level (assuming level parking area and tires) and fairly even - then he's likely got loader arm problems.

If they're not even - then it's time to readjust the mounts.

If the loader arms have been tweaked - you might also run the level along (spanned across the top) the loader arms to see where any difference between them starts (place where it's been tweaked..).

Hope it's not a 542SL; bars accross the loader arms..

AKfish

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #14  
Have you ever used a "Water Level" - Very accurate
Simple device made from plastic tubing and colored water.
Just park the tractor on a level floor or parking lot and use the water level to check side to side on any part of the tractor or loader.
You can "google" water level to see how it works

/ Adjust uneven loader arms? #15  
I found my loader bucket also was uneven!

Parked it on a level spot and started checking around to locate the cause.
Turned out to be an elongated bolt hole where the loader frame attached to the tractor sub frame.
A mere 1/8" (or so) elongation multiplied by the arms lengths and angles resulted in nearly 2-3 inches of difference between the bucket corners.

My 'cure' was to jack the arm frame back to level and max torque the offending bolt and then a nice weld bead to prevent movement.
I figure that if i ever need to remove the frame, a mere couple if minutes with the grinder will erase the weld.

Shows that we should check torques more often than we think!