Adding snowblower hydraulic lift

/ Adding snowblower hydraulic lift #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
My B8200's snowblower was borrowed/stolen from my fathers b7200. It relied on the 3pt lifting, puling a cable, and raising the front mount blower. This system is dumb. I have live hydraulics. I am adding a front mount hydraulic cylinder. I have 1/4" NPT on the cylinder, 1/2" on the output of hte spool valve, 3/4" on the flow to the spool valve and 2" of travel to raise/lower the blower. So if my calculations are correct it'll move at the speed of light when I even touch the lever.

Question is I have no idea what the flow valve on the tractors hydraulic block.

Also any suggestions on custom hoses sites? My local one is pretty expensive.

/ Adding snowblower hydraulic lift #2  
My B8200's snowblower was borrowed/stolen from my fathers b7200. It relied on the 3pt lifting, puling a cable, and raising the front mount blower. This system is dumb. I have live hydraulics. I am adding a front mount hydraulic cylinder. I have 1/4" NPT on the cylinder, 1/2" on the output of hte spool valve, 3/4" on the flow to the spool valve and 2" of travel to raise/lower the blower. So if my calculations are correct it'll move at the speed of light when I even touch the lever.

Question is I have no idea what the flow valve on the tractors hydraulic block.

Also any suggestions on custom hoses sites? My local one is pretty expensive.

You call the cable system dumb, while you can not get around the hydraulic fittings nor the system capabilities.

Perhaps KISS has a place.

I plan a cable system to lift the front blower on my own B7200, and consider it the most desirable execution. I mean, that is what I would use if it were a rear mounted blower.

/ Adding snowblower hydraulic lift #3  
Use 1/4" hose. It will slow the cylinder movement down. If it's not enough then install some flow restrictors in the hydraulic lines.

2" of movement seems kind of minimal.

/ Adding snowblower hydraulic lift
The system is dumb because if you use the front mount blower and tie up the 3pt, you can't use a rear mount blade at the same time without raising and lowering the rear blade and the blower at the same time, which isn't really ideal. It's a pain to hook up, and it doesn't raise the blower all the way.

The hydraulic block on the side of the tractor has the ports to hook up, so why not utilize it?

The cylinder has 1/4" ports, the valve has 1/2" ports to the cylinder, and the valve has 3/4" ports to the tractor, so I'll need some adapters along the way.

/ Adding snowblower hydraulic lift #5  
Your better off buying the fittings and hose locally.

You have less time waiting for fittings as they most likely will have them in stock anyway.

The fittings come in boxed lots and if you need a 1/4 to 1/2 inch fitting you have to find out if it has the BSP thread with the sealing o-ring on the valve block for the adapter fitting as you need a JIC to NPT or JIC to BSP adapter to mount the hose to the cylinder and the valve block.