Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #1  

OldGerald

Tractor
Kubota L3400
I just bought a used 60" snowblower that had hydraulics for the rotation and angle on the shoot. There are no existing remotes on my tractor but I'll need to get this sorted before the snow arrives. I'm a newbie on the hydraulics side so I could use some expert advice. What do I need and where do I start. TIA

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #2  
I have a L3700 SU..Basically the same as your tractor. I bought a WR Long valve for the power beyond port. I use it for my grapple but you could certainly use it for the chute rotation. Just run hoses to them from the valve.If memory serves me correctly i think the whole set up was 1K or so.

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #3  
Hydraulics are the first-class route but remotes are somewhat expensive and so are the actuators, valves, etc. I've noticed a lot of people use electric drive instead. Some use "windshield wiper motors" I hear. Already set up for 12v, running wires is cheap and so are switches compared to hyd valves and the like.

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #4  
Talk to your dealer. Kits may be available
Installing remotes is probably not a home project unless you have experience

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #5  
I have a L3700 SU..Basically the same as your tractor. I bought a WR Long valve for the power beyond port. I use it for my grapple but you could certainly use it for the chute rotation. Just run hoses to them from the valve.If memory serves me correctly i think the whole set up was 1K or so.
If it's like a Deere...Power Beyond only works for implements, like a backhoe, that have their own controls.
The snow blower doesn't have separate controls

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST
Hydraulics are the first-class route but remotes are somewhat expensive and so are the actuators, valves, etc. I've noticed a lot of people use electric drive instead. Some use "windshield wiper motors" I hear. Already set up for 12v, running wires is cheap and so are switches compared to hyd valves and the like.
The rotation motor and the angle cylinder were already mounted on the blower, as well as the hoses as it was already in use on a previous tractor. I would assume it might be easier to just continue with adding remotes.

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #7  
You can also use the loader hydraulics if present, sacrificing fel use.
I had 3 remotes (2 rear, 1 front) installed at purchase. They are not a cheap option or install.

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #9  
Does your tractor have a loader on it? And is your blower front mount or 3 point?

/ Adding remotes for a snow blower on a L3400HST #10  
If it's like a Deere...Power Beyond only works for implements, like a backhoe, that have their own controls.
The snow blower doesn't have separate controls
I may be wrong but don't think i am. The hydraulic block on the L series has another unused PB port where the WR Long valve plumbs into. It allows a hydro flow to be used for what I believe is called closed center...Like a grapple or other implement where constant flow is not needed..Like a Back hoe. My machine also has a BH but when its off the tractor, I need to connect the hoses together to keep the fluid circulating. ..Not the case with the other port.