Buying Advice Added acerage and need more tractor

/ Added acerage and need more tractor #11  
Yes, a solid plan.

I concur: you need a Subsoiler. Prudent to buy a Subsoiler with shear-bolt protection.

LINKS (2) subsoiler single shank - YouTube

3 Point Hitch Subsoiler

/ Added acerage and need more tractor
That is the very model I am considering, might take a little longer to get the job done, but when you are semi-retired, I have lots of time available. Sure enjoyed looking at larger tractors and implements, but the additional acreage would take a lot more time and resources, and land is at a premium price.

/ Added acerage and need more tractor #13  
12 acres of compacted clay is a lot of land to turn over no matter what sized machine you get. Then once you have it all done, will you really have any use for the new tractor that the old one can't already do? Seems to me that for a one time job of this size, you would be money ahead paying somebody else to do it for you.

/ Added acerage and need more tractor #14  
Re: Added acerage and need more tractor- change in original plan

Thanks for the advice and recommendations, however, the grand plan has changed somewhat. Will only be adding 3.5 acres to my existing 1.9 acre pasture. Addition is same as originally described, horse packed soil, no grass, needs major soil renovation.
I am thinking it can be done with my current kubota B2320, already own reverse tiller, brush hog, and box blade. Will add a cultipacker and broadcast spreader, both to be pulled by my Kubota RTV500. Desperately need a single tine subsoiler to break up compaction and improve water absorption and reduce some small areas of standing water.

Does it sound like a sold plan for basically 5 acres?

That is basically how I ended up with five acres, plus I help my brother with his three acres. While it is not a lot of land, the tasks are still heavy. I am no longer a young sprout that does most work physically and all-day-long. I had to go with a large enough tractor to enable me to still get the job done. Yeah, my MX5800 is much bigger than the BX2200 I had for many years, but I aged during those years. I looked intently at an L4701, but with my tree problems and needing to move logs and heavy limbs, I needed more lift capacity. I like being able to get work done now that I could not do before.

/ Added acerage and need more tractor

I agree, being semi-retired in my mid 50's, I can't tackle the physical work the same as a few years back. I can do it but just not for as long or with as much touch-labor, need good equipment to do some of that work now. I looked at the 4701, and still may consider trading my b2320 and all the attachments for one with necessary attachments. If we come back and buy the other 10 acres, I will definitely make a trade. I have had my 2320 for 5 years and only has 40 hours on it, purchased new. Just did not have time due to work travel to start many projects. Not the case now, looking forward to spending time in the tractor seat and in the fields, no phone, no meetings, no staff issues, the corporate world has gone crazy, so glad I am blessed to be able to get out of that world.

/ Added acerage and need more tractor #16  

The corporate world has gone crazy, so glad I am blessed to be able to get out of that world.
Looking forward to spending time in the tractor seat and in the fields, no phone, no meetings, no staff issues,

As a fellow retiree, I share your sentiments. I swore never to carry that plague called a cellphone in retirement and in eleven years I haven't.