Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #32  
"The Kioti manual tells you NO fuel additives". What about anti gel in the winter?
I do not have any answers.......I have just observed that where there is only one dealer in the area, you are subject to how they chose to interpret/approach warranty or other issues. I guess it is part of the dealership business? A package deal, one might say?

This not to say it is all one sided - as I have seen, there are many people who abuse their equipment and want warranty cover for 'stupid stuff'...............I just don't happen to be one of them - I have a long history of doing my own maintenance on all my vehicles and I am scrupulous about details and record keeping.

The diesel fuel additive one...... is just an opportunity for an on-demand nightmare during the warranty period.

Here is how this can go: dealer takes a fuel sample and says, "we can do a fuel test on this". If it comes back with anything other than ultra-low-sulphur-deisel then the it will be 'difficult' getting Kioti to honor the warranty. Now we can pump out the tank and replace the fuel filter for an extra $$$ and be done..... or we can wait for the test results?? Choice is yours. Kind of like a warranty service fee, deductible or good-will charge.

As the tractor owner, regardless of knowing you have only used clean fuel, you need good-will from the dealer to see that your tractor is repaired properly and covered by warranty - specially if it is an expensive repair!.......so sure - pump the tank and replace the fuel filter and I will cover that cost.

If there is anything shown other than good-will here on your side (even thou you know you are right/clean) it can only lead to a less-than-positive discussion/situation.

This their business and they want you as a customer, but they know you are not stupid. Just how big of a customer is likely also important.

Since I have done all my own maintenance on the machine, they have lost some business (although I was warned when I purchased that using anything other than Kioti parts (including oil/hydraulic filters) may also void any warranty work). So, I made a point of buy enough first service parts from them to get me past the warranty period.

This, I guess, is just the give and take of running a dealership. You just need to recognize how this works and keep good-will alive because you just cannot predict the future mechanical problems a new machine may experience.

Part of the price of ownership. Buyer beware, due diligence and that sort of stuff......

Take it in stride and consider what would be best in the longer term. A tank pump and fuel filter change is a small price to pay for maintaining a good relationship.

Like I said, "I don't have all the answers?"

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #33  
Any time any one says they are going do a fuel sample it's time to cover your butt.
CYA when I had a diesel pickup and it was going to the dealer for any engine related issue I would pull a fuel sample and label it with a camera shot the day it was pulled when the truck went to the dealers and they mentioned pulling a sample I responded certainly lets go pull right now as I just so happen to have a sample container in the truck and you can run your tests and I'll have tests run myself also.
That will stop just about all the bullcrap from dealers.

The same with DEF issues always pull a sample and have a spare sample container with you.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #34  
Amazing .

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #35  
It doesn't matter what brand you buy. There can always be all kinds of issues with it and the dealer involved. I have been there and done it with my NX4510HST since I bought it. More regen issues then I want to talk about. Fixed now. Bad turbo oil leak. Bad regen canister. Bad throttle positioning switch. I also broke a front side light that costs $95. I replaced both of mine with a set of LEDs for around $16. Most recently were the inner and outer tie rods that were worn out with only 1255 hours on it. Those are real cheap at almost $700 for a new pair. Being smart I found them for $221 for both sets. Today I noticed that my right front wheel seal is leaking oil. I lifted the tractor to see if the wheel was loose. Nope, the wheel is not loose so my seal is shot. Those go for around $80 plus tax and shipping. Since I have to disassemble the front hub to replace the seal I am also going to replace the two front hub axle bearings for another $140 +. I also lost the motor in it due to something in the fuel according to Kioti. Yes, my fuel really smelt super bad. I was not running anything in my fuel but diesel fuel. Tests came back saying that their was something other than diesel in my fuel tank. Am I unhappy with my tractor? Absolutely not because if I had to hire people to do all the work and things this tractor has done I would have spent 3x what the tractor cost me new. I'll keep my Kioti until it drops dead.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #36  
I think Kioti should discontinue the NX series
I believe I read about more problems on the NX series that all the other models combined

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #37  
I think Kioti should discontinue the NX series
I believe I read about more problems on the NX series that all the other models combined
The NS series is back to a design without so many electronics. I haven't gone to look at one in person, but I think its basically a DK40/45/50SE with a tier 4 engine?

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #38  
I have never been in...........nor wish to ever be in an 'abusive' relationship with any tool or vehicle - no matter how useful or pretty they are when things are going well.

I guess it comes back to past experiences...........I once owned an FEL Zetor 4340 as a yard/utility tractor in Saskatchewan. Bought it new ($24K) and never once had an issue with it (literally nothing) for the many years I farmed. It had a cleanable centrifugal oil filter which kept the oil clear - even at 100 hour oil change time and a multi-screen based easy clean THF filter and a washable oil/diesel fuel air filter system. No fluid leaks anywhere - ever, never had to replace a part and it always started - even in the winter as long as I kept it plugged in. It stayed with the farm when I retired and had over 3500 hours on it when I said goodbye....... and I literally did nothing other than change fluids.

I am not sure about new and 'better tech' and 'progress' which means more/difficult maintenance and/or quality control issues out of the start gate. Things should be getting better/more reliable, no?

I am a big fan of happy relationships ...........where you just have to keep the fluids changed once and awhile....... to keep the machinery happy and running smoothly.;)

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #39  
I have never been in...........nor wish to ever be in an 'abusive' relationship with any tool or vehicle - no matter how useful or pretty they are when things are going well.

I guess it comes back to past experiences...........I once owned an FEL Zetor 4340 as a yard/utility tractor in Saskatchewan. Bought it new ($24K) and never once had an issue with it (literally nothing) for the many years I farmed. It had a cleanable centrifugal oil filter which kept the oil clear - even at 100 hour oil change time and a multi-screen based easy clean THF filter and a washable oil/diesel fuel air filter system. No fluid leaks anywhere - ever, never had to replace a part and it always started - even in the winter as long as I kept it plugged in. It stayed with the farm when I retired and had over 3500 hours on it when I said goodbye....... and I literally did nothing other than change fluids.

I am not sure about new and 'better tech' and 'progress' which means more/difficult maintenance and/or quality control issues out of the start gate. Things should be getting better/more reliable, no?

I am a big fan of happy relationships ...........where you just have to keep the fluids changed once and awhile....... to keep the machinery happy and running smoothly.;)
In my relationships I tried to inject new fluid as often as I could….

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #40  
I feel the same way sometimes about my 2014 LS XR4046, bought it with only 12 hours on it, rigorously maintained, currently has over 700 hours with no majors issues until now. This tractor has done the lions share of work for me including even digging out the foundation for my retirement home. I got a good deal on the tractor at the time and it was an over $20k purchase, not something I can just throw away if it breaks and with emissions crap getting tighter and tighter, it will be my last "newer" tractor I buy but ill be keeping it and doing work arounds. My intention is to turn it back into a reliable tractor removing the computer and emissions, upgrade the hydraulic pump to a slightly higher flowing one and some other items and just drive it until there is a hole in the engine block or it breaks apart hahaha. You might want to think about keeping your Kioti, resale value on off brands is not always great, takes more of your hard earned dollar to buy things now and once they are out of warranty, well, you either gotta fix it urself or pay a dealer. Since dealers are pricey, best get some manuals. Once you get the kinks worked out, drive that Kioti right into the ground or until the lug nuts fall off hahaha.