AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #11  
well, I finally got it drug out of the barn it had been sitting in, on a trailer and into my barn. It was not easy. This thing does not roll free even in neutral. Here are some pics. Which links do you want me to measure? 50201.jpg50202.jpg50203.jpg50204.jpg

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract.
it looks all original. was it in 4x4? i can push mine when its in 2wd and in neutral fairly easy on gravel.

the link that picks up the 3 point arms, yours do look the same though. good luck. ASAP has some parts availible, i just picked up a muffler, they also have some engine parts.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #13  
the fixed link on left side is 21 1/2" center to center.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #15  
Well, I got all the fluids and filters changed and drained and refilled the fuel tank, put a battery in and it fired right up. I drove it around some and everything seems to be working as it should, but how can I tell if the FWD is working?

chain it to a tree stump and see if they turn? haha. I have done this a few times trying to pull some very large logs and stump sections.

you can engage it and make as tight a turn as possible on dirt, and see if the fronts are digging in.

does yours have 3 speeds and 4 gears? i know they came with a few transmission options. does it work like it has a syncro? mine can be a bear to shift sometimes. i almost always leave it in the middle speed.

great that it runs! very nice. i just replaced the muffler on mine a few weeks ago, all states ag parts has them for about 90 bucks. I need to do all the fluids soon. I have put about 25 hours on it, and i don't know how old they were to begin with.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #17  
Yes, it has 12 fwd, 3 rev gears. not syncro.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #18  
With a bit of practice you can upshifting on the move and not grind the gears, been doing it for 35 years with no ill effects.

With a bit of practice you can upshifting on the move and not grind the gears, been doing it for 35 years with no ill effects.

yes, i do need more practice. all the manuals i have driven in my life have been syncro. 70 series cruisers, rav 4, hilux, etc.

changed every fluid in mine over last weekend, and replaced all the grease zerks. the old ones were mostly broken. lots of going back and forth to the manual to find them, using a screw extractor to get the broken ones out, run a tap in the hole, and install new. The oil in the injector pump was quite black, and that surprised me. the magnet in the engine was perfectly clean and i know the oil was 100 hrs old. so that's great. The hydraulic/transmission had a good bit of metal in it. I am sure i have contributed a bit with my gear changes, but i'm getting much better. I was thinking of getting some big magnets and putting them on the trans pan? but no way to clean them really, just take them off when i drain and hope it drains out with the rest. nut on the right side front axle is stuck, i wanted to adjust the lash in the large bearing on the axle for the steering, but could not get it to come loose, tried a cheater pipe, heat, impact wrench many times with some pb blaster and did not get it to budge. maybe next time. new filters all around as well. getting the injector pump bled was a bit of a pain, had to go back and forth about 10 times.

I would like to clean/inspect the over pressure bypass for the hydraulics, any advice there? the old girl plowed 16 inches of snow in 4x4 no trouble with my back blade for my neighbor and I about 2 weeks ago. very happy to have it for that storm!

i found some chicken scratch in the manual where the PO had written the hrs and fluids changed. so that's helpful. 100 hrs on the oil and 200 ago on the hydraulics. i see that the front axle was opened up at some point, and the clutch was replaced a about 200 hrs ago as well.

also upgraded to a harbor freight led flood light on the back, and got the tail and head lights working. used some silver polish on the lenses on mine. looks like yours has sealed beams?? seems odd they would have changed the headlights. I had to order bulbs as they are a base i have not seen before.