AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #1  

herm0016

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720h
My first real tractor. :cool2: Allis Chalmers 5020 AKA Hinomoto e23 or Massy Furguson 210 or Simplicity 9523.

mfwd with new rear tires, balasted, original loader, everything works well and well maintained. new alternator, nothing but a few small drips. should be delivered next week after the tires are done. I cant wait!

I will get some pictures and such when it gets here. anything i should do right away to it?

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #2  
Pictures! Check the front axle for oil level and wear. I understand the parts are hard to come by.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #3  
Congrats! Also keep your cooling circuit well maintained and clean. We get the Hinomoto E23 here. It's known to give some head gasket issues.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract.
She has 497 documented hours. It's been worked but everything functions pretty well . The right front leakes oil at the knuckle. Other than that there are no other leaks that are worth talking about. It has power steering from a kit that someone built for them 20 years ago. It workes well. New last Friday loaded rear tires and nearly new fronts. I have the original manuals for the loader and the tractor plus a reprinted service manual, 2 sets of filters and a quickatach for the 3 point. I would like to get a 4 ft mower and box blade for it. Moved about 18 yards of dirt and compost this weekend and got about 100 plants into our garden.

I put marvel mystery oil and power service in the silver can in the fuel, should I be using different additives?
It starts right up with just a few seconds on the glow plugs. Clutch was replaced at 250 hrs. No problems shifting in any gear. PTO engages smoothly. 20190531_162414.jpg

It had the thermostat replaced somewhat recently and seems to stay at operating temp well. Cooling system seems to be working great.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #6  
I just bought a 5020 as well. Does anyone know what kind of oil to put in the front diff? I ordered a manual, but won't see it for a week or so.

the manual says to use the same stuff as the transmission. I am using the tractor supply tractor hydraulic transmission oil. check the lash on the spindles on the ends of the front axle, i had to tighten mine up a bit, as they were pretty loose and all the oil would run out. I got the slop out and when just a touch more. the manual says something like 5 ft lbs on the top nut.

i had thought about putting a heavy gear oil in there, but was cautioned incase there are some needle bearings or smaller roller bearings where it would not penetrate well.

Good luck with it, would love to see some pictures. I have put around 20 hrs on mine since i got it and its been great. does yours have the loader? i need to replace my muffler as well.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #8  
Thanks for the reply. Mine does not have a loader. This one does not run, picked it up for$500. It seems to be in really good shape. The crank turns, so I hope the engine is ok. Bet it needs a head gasket. I'll post some pics when I get it pulled out of the barn it's been sitting in.

ha... good luck with parts. there are a few with similar tractors on the allis chalmers forums and on mytractor forum, and someone who documented rebuilding the front axle. Let me know if you want to sell it for parts if it turns out a dud. I do hope you get it going though.

worth a shot for 500 bucks i think. one thing, could you measure the side links on the 3 point? i think mine are too long. I can get you pictures or whatever you need as well. Mine has an automotive alternator on it and after market power steering, other than that, its stock.

/ AC 5020 / Hino E23 / MF 210 under contract. #10  
I will. It may be a couple days before I get back out to it.