About to order RK55, question on rear remotes

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #11  
Just put an order in for a 55HC on Saturday at Heath, OH. Ordered a third function and a third remote. They couldn't come up with a price for a third remote at the time, but called me on Monday. they're going to charge $22X.xx for parts, and an additional $2XX.xx for installation for a total third rear remote cost of somewhere in the $460-480 price range. Can't remember the exact price, but definitely far more than $249 installed.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #12  
I'd do a little checking before you pay that price. Try calling other RK stores and see what they'd charge. Or better yet, call the Waverly, Ohio store where they assemble them. They should be able to get you the actual price including install. Then let them know what Heath is charging. All is still relatively new and there seems to be a disconnect of some sort.

Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes
Just put an order in for a 55HC on Saturday at Heath, OH. Ordered a third function and a third remote. They couldn't come up with a price for a third remote at the time, but called me on Monday. they're going to charge $22X.xx for parts, and an additional $2XX.xx for installation for a total third rear remote cost of somewhere in the $460-480 price range. Can't remember the exact price, but definitely far more than $249 installed.

I think that's backwards, at least based on the back and forth figuring out the same setup for our new RK55. The third rear remote is supposed to be $249 installed, but the third function does not include installation, so that is supposed to be $749 plus an additional $2xx installation. IMO it's a little confusing because they don't mention the added fee on the website, hopefully they can make the situation with installation more clear. Personally I think they should just update the price of the third function to include the installation.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #14  
I'd do a little checking before you pay that price. Try calling other RK stores and see what they'd charge. Or better yet, call the Waverly, Ohio store where they assemble them. They should be able to get you the actual price including install. Then let them know what Heath is charging. All is still relatively new and there seems to be a disconnect of some sort.

Welcome to the forum, btw! :)
Actually, all RK stores charge the same for every product. The only variability may be when an item has a defect, is a return, etc. The price of RK Tractors, attachments, accessories, and labor is the same at every RK Tractor store. We are all one company, not a set of independent dealerships.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #15  
The price for a 3rd set of rear remotes on an RK55 installed when purchased with a new tractor is now $299, we saw a price increase from our supplier and it is no longer $249. For your quote, you were mistakenly given the after-market price. I've notified the store to adjust the price of your order accordingly. It will be $299 installed. Sorry for the confusion.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #16  
I think that's backwards, at least based on the back and forth figuring out the same setup for our new RK55. The third rear remote is supposed to be $249 installed, but the third function does not include installation, so that is supposed to be $749 plus an additional $2xx installation. IMO it's a little confusing because they don't mention the added fee on the website, hopefully they can make the situation with installation more clear. Personally I think they should just update the price of the third function to include the installation.
I'll try to clear up the confusion. The installed price for a 3rd set of rear remotes on an RK55 when purchased with the tractor is now $299. We saw a price increase so it it now $299 rather than $249 installed. The price of the 3rd function valve kit is $749 and if you want RK to install it, there is a $225 installation charge. The reason that the product and labor are separate is that some customers choose to install it themselves. That is covered when they ask us for a quote and/or place an order.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #17  
Excellent customer service! Thank you for the update on price and getting it resolved!

When looking to buy a tractor, I went to several dealerships. I looked at a couple orange dealers and a blue dealer. I was already leaning towards RK, but what sold me on it was the fact that the RK salesman seemed to be the only one who was actually excited to provide customer service, educate me on the tractor, and specifically talk to me about what differentiates his tractors from the competition. Everyone else's reaction to me being the only customer on their lots during the middle of a Wednesday seemed to be: "here's what I have for sale, this is the price, will you be paying cash or financing?"

So far, it seems like I bought the right tractor.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #18  
That's where I'd seen it! Post #17. And, yes, $249 is a great price for that. If you look on Ebay or other sites, add'l remotes can cost as much as $500. Saw one for a ford tractor for $750. Also I don't think there's any difference between the remotes on the RK37 and the RK55. Hopefully that means the price would be about the same as well.

Yep. $249 is a great price for that extra remote. I ordered my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 with triple rear remotes. Cost: $750 installed. It was a dealer designed system.

Remotes 5525-2.JPGRemotes 5525-1.JPG

Good luck

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #19  
Actually, all RK stores charge the same for every product. The only variability may be when an item has a defect, is a return, etc. The price of RK Tractors, attachments, accessories, and labor is the same at every RK Tractor store. We are all one company, not a set of independent dealerships.

Yep! I know that they do. That's why I suggested he call the other stores. If one store is giving a different price, then something is wrong. That's what's great about RK stores... same every one. So you can get a quote, but go to a different store, same price. Way it should be. Thanks for a great product and a great product line.

/ About to order RK55, question on rear remotes #20  
I'll try to clear up the confusion. The installed price for a 3rd set of rear remotes on an RK55 when purchased with the tractor is now $299. We saw a price increase so it it now $299 rather than $249 installed. The price of the 3rd function valve kit is $749 and if you want RK to install it, there is a $225 installation charge. The reason that the product and labor are separate is that some customers choose to install it themselves. That is covered when they ask us for a quote and/or place an order.

Hello RK Tractor Guy, I have owned the RK55 Shuttle since April of 2018 and I very satisfied. I have added the 3rd function valve for the grapples and now I am considering adding the 3rd rear remote.

I contacted my local dealer and the price for it now is $348.60 and 3 hours for labor $225.00 = $573.60
A bit more than I was expecting, but I can live with it. The only issue is that he is having a hard time finding out is this 3rd remote (for position "C" ) can be ordered as remote "A" with spring center, or remote "B" spring center with detent for float. Definitely would prefer the float function.

Do you know the answer for this?

Thanks in advance,

Hoochy