A sad day on the farm

/ A sad day on the farm
Ours is the white vinyl backed insulation, its 4 yrs old and it looks great still.
I had the same insulation in a 36 x72 building we did back in 2004 and it still looks good too. We always get light colored buildings, they don't get as hot
so its easier on the insulation.
You know, it's funny because now that I think about it I also know of several other buildings that have that in their buildings and it seems to be doing well. We built a small building at our hunt club about 5 years ago and the stuff in there seems to be holding up ok also. I'm guessing there may be different brands where some hold up better. My buddy has a welding shop and in just 4 years that stuff has cracks all over. Maybe it may has to do with the Arc rays from welding all the time. I go to another building that is a warehouse from time to time and that insulation has not held up well either especially up top that stuff got hard and brittle just a few years after the building was built and pieces of it started falling. That place is dark and somewhat humid most of the time so it may be environment related. Also it could have something to do with installation.
If it works for you then that's all that matters. I never liked the lighter colors too much. I know they reflect the uv rays better but I pretty much wanted to go with colors that matched my house which is brick with a medium grey roof so I went with red with the same roof material as the house for my shop.

They should finish the roof today and start putting up trim and maybe even start on the gutters. At noon today it will be one week from bare concrete slab to the walls with a roof over them. These two guys really rock and roll and are very particular with their work.

/ A sad day on the farm #162  
Mx, that insulation comes in different grades and thickness of the vinyl, so you have to order the heavy duty one.
I like light buildings because its 89 degrees here today and almost everyday.
That's why there are mostly white or silver cars here, they stay cooler.

/ A sad day on the farm
I get you on the light colors, I really do. It gets hot here too but I still like some color in the things around me. It's a give and take world out here. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2422.JPG
    IMG_2422.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
   / A sad day on the farm #164  
Mx, I like earth tone colors.
Is your building galvanized? Those 2 guys a really flying putting that thing together!

It looks really nice!

/ A sad day on the farm
Mx, I like earth tone colors.
Is your building galvanized? Those 2 guys a really flying putting that thing together!

It looks really nice!
When I did my first building I was going to make the side walls Desert tan with a sandstone roof and ash grey for the trim. Then I changed my mind to make it sort of match the colors of my house.
Yes I asked about that and the guy that was putting the building up said that medal for a diry building was the highest rating you can get and these buildings are one step below that.
Yes they were, they are done now and have moved on. I'll post pics of the finished product when I get some time. In all they had 72 hours total on this job. I never thunk that would happen.

/ A sad day on the farm
here are a few mor pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
   / A sad day on the farm #167  
^^^^^
Nice!!! 👍

/ A sad day on the farm #168  
I hope ours turns out that nice.

Way to go!

/ A sad day on the farm
I hope ours turns out that nice.

Way to go!
Hey, I was wondering what you guys are doing about your inside walls with spray on insulation. What you are covering them with? I was thinking about white 29 gauge siding but I'm sure there has to be something better. I'm surely not going wood framing and OSB.

/ A sad day on the farm #170  
Hey, I was wondering what you guys are doing about your inside walls with spray on insulation. What you are covering them with? I was thinking about white 29 gauge siding but I'm sure there has to be something better. I'm surely not going wood framing and OSB.
You've been burned out once and don't want to go down that road again?