Loader A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #11  
Some metals rust almost immediately.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #13  
My guess is it wasn't strapped and slid off a trailer.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #14  
This poor fellow is having a bad month…..View attachment 852256View attachment 852257
I beg to differ.
This is MAX. 399 Massey Ferguson, 4wd, full forestry package, 50 ton winch on front, 9ft heavy duty blade on front, 7 or 8ft bushhog and 7 ft snow blower set up for front or back. I used it as dozer leveling gravel many times including most recently my 26 x 48 garage. Of course it is set up with a frame that transfers the load from the front to rear axle.

Attachments

• 20231002_152819.jpg
    20231002_152819.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 224
   / A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #15  
Wait, he was doing what? "Hitting the Bucket"? Plowing snow?

It sounds like a pretty freak accident. Unless he was trying a high speed drive, then plunge the bucket down.
Wondering if that is a typo, autocorrected from “hit in the bucket”, as in a car accident or something? I don’t have any experience with this sort of thing but I find it hard to believe that tractor has the power or traction to tear itself apart.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #16  
I beg to differ.
This is MAX. 399 Massey Ferguson, 4wd, full forestry package, 50 ton winch on front, 9ft heavy duty blade on front, 7 or 8ft bushhog and 7 ft snow blower set up for front or back. I used it as dozer leveling gravel many times including most recently my 26 x 48 garage. Of course it is set up with a frame that transfers the load from the front to rear axle.
That’s a beast love it!

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #17  
Just my opinion: That doesn’t look like damage from plowing forward with the loader. To me, if he hit a load too great or immovable while plowing forward, the entire tractor assembly would push forward, except for the bucket and loader arms which would be driven backwards. That would make me expect to see the loader attachment point broken off backwards from the front of the tractor, but you can see it’s fine there, but instead broken behind the point of attachment.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #18  
The image looks like the tractor has been moved.. full snow pack in the first pic, not in the others (grass underneath and not driveway). No oil spill on the first pic.
I do not know what the weather is/was like in Michigan, but if it is/was anything like here in Vermont this year, you can have 6" snow one day and the next day see grass. It is mid February here, and we are lucky to have 1/2" snow on the ground! It was near 60F last week and yesterday it was 13F, 15F today. Insane swings!

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #19  
The fresh break in the casting will show rust very quick (couple hours) if sitting out in the wet weather. Maybe had set there for days before the dealer took pics to post in the ad. Just a thought.
Being that the dealer has this ad to get rid of it, I would not be surprised if Deere hasn't replaced it under warranty (have known them to do that even tho clearly abuse) and now the dealer cleaning up his lot.
Deere isn’t going to warranty a tractor that’s 23 years old.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #20  
Wondering if that is a typo, autocorrected from “hit in the bucket”, as in a car accident or something? I don’t have any experience with this sort of thing but I find it hard to believe that tractor has the power or traction to tear itself apart.
I would think we would see dig marks in the snow from the tires, and as one poster mentioned it is a green tractor.