A Catastrophe of sorts.

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #1  

cqaigy2

Tractor
PT 422
Popped the end off of a hydraulic line.Thank goodness i had supervision.

It was a short hose. In the first picture, you can see the plastic bag, where one end goes, and then the bottom of the ram, where I have my bleeder hose attached to the bottom connection. The second picture is self explanatory. The third and fourth, are of my supervisor. Tomorrow, i'll attach the replacement hose.

where.jpgline-end.jpgcat0.jpgcat1.jpg

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #2  
Nothing better than some cat help. :)

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #3  
Nice! I had a cat Abby DSC03168.JPG, who used to come running with some stuffed toy in her mouth when a disaster of some sort befell (sp?) me.

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #4  
We only have shop foremen cats (indoor). No working supervisors. :laughing:

Hope you get back up and running soon.

/ A Catastrophe of sorts.
I got it running today. Got a hose made in town, much more then i remembered the last time i got a bigger longer one made, several years ago. Much thicker then that on the PT so had them put a right angle on one end. No way i would have been able to bend this one into the shame shape as the one that it replaced. Put a few hours on it, no leak so far.

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #6  
Great, discount hydraulic hose makes and ships hose fast and as inexpensive as anyone I've found. Good guys, know their stuff, helpful.

For projects using my portable crimper, I get fittings, hose by the foot and adapters from them too when I can't get what I need at surpluscenter.Com.

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #7  
The only time my hoses let go is when i am on a time crunch. My local napa is twice as expensive as the hydraulic store 20 mikes away and they are a third over online. That said they can make pretty much every hose i have needed.

I just started looking on line, i'll look into some of these and check out getting a portable crimper. Fortunately, its only the second one to go in 19 years. I'm just kind of surprised, the last hose i got was something like $20, 4 foot long and bigger, though it had straight thru connectors.

Man i really got took a bunch of years ago. I was borrowing a friend backhoe and the Kubota dealer charged me $80. I went with the Kubota, because the tractor and backhoe were both Kubota and it was my friends.

The only time my hoses let go is when i am on a time crunch. My local napa is twice as expensive as the hydraulic store 20 mikes away and they are a third over online. That said they can make pretty much every hose i have needed.

Is that the store in Kelso?

/ A Catastrophe of sorts. #10  
I just started looking on line, i'll look into some of these and check out getting a portable crimper. Fortunately, its only the second one to go in 19 years. I'm just kind of surprised, the last hose i got was something like $20, 4 foot long and bigger, though it had straight thru connectors.

Man i really got took a bunch of years ago. I was borrowing a friend backhoe and the Kubota dealer charged me $80. I went with the Kubota, because the tractor and backhoe were both Kubota and it was my friends.

Be careful on the portable crimpers. The bench type hydraulic crimpers do a far superior job. 2-3K PSI is nothing to take a chance on.

Ron