A awd all-wheel steer mower?

/ A awd all-wheel steer mower? #11  
We have a Deere 744 with AWS and we love it. Only a 40" or less deck width....wow, that will limit your choices.

/ A awd all-wheel steer mower?
We have a Deere 744 with AWS and we love it. Only a 40" or less deck width....wow, that will limit your choices.
The Deere 744 is a Wheel Loader ; Net Power · 236 kW (316 hp) @ 1,500 rpm ; Bucket Capacity · 3.8–4.5 m³ (5.0–5.85 cu. yd.) ; Operating Weight · 25 343–26 632 kg (55,872–58,713 lb.).

/ A awd all-wheel steer mower? #13  
Steiner or Ventrac except you have a 40 inch max size.

How much area are you cutting? Get a two wheel tractor, Grillo or BCS and get some exercise.

Steiner or Ventrac except you have a 40 inch max size.

How much area are you cutting? Get a two wheel tractor, Grillo or BCS and get some exercise.
I had a 2wheel drive tractor and never will again. Some people's yards really are on hills. Our yard is not all that large and have junk in it, so 40" or less is good.

/ A awd all-wheel steer mower? #16  
My dad has a Deere X749 which is a diesel AWS 4x4 garden tractor.

/ A awd all-wheel steer mower? #18  
Sorry....a X744 is a AWS garden tractor.
I've always scratched my head about Deere model numbers ever since I was a tech at a Deere construction equipment dealership.

There is an X744 AWS garden tractor. There is also a 744 round bailer, various 744 model loaders, and an H744 harvester head! Probably more, but I got tired of looking!!

Plus I don't believe those all wheel steer JDs are AWD??
Like to buy something with a local dealer... what to do, what to do...

Last edited:
   / A awd all-wheel steer mower? #20  
Plus I don't believe those all wheel steer JDs are AWD??
Like to buy something with a local dealer... whary to do, what to do...
Clearly spelled out on the Deere website in the description of each model.