94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I bought a 10' piece of 2x2x3/16 angle. I cut it in half for the front and rear of the frame.

The frame after drilling the holes for the teeth

Here is what the tine spacing looks like

I notched 2 pieces of 2x2 angle for the ends

Uprights for the 3 point hitch

Crossmember for the 3 point hitch uprights and toplink connecetion

1x1 tubing braces added and tines bolted on, I also braced the crossmember for the lift points with a piece fo 2x2 angle.

It weighs about 70lbs. I still need to get some lift arm pins, I borrowed these off of the pond scoop. The lift arm pins are on it loose in the pictures. I am going to probably use this style of lift arm pin. I may add a slight bend to the tines like most dethatchers have, I think it will work better. I tried it out a little today. My yard does not have a lot of thatch on it. It does pretty good. I also raked up some sticks and leaves with it. It will also level small piles of dirt or rocks. I had to buy the teeth, 10' of angle, and the hardware. I still need lift arm pins and bushings for it. I will have around $80-90 in it plus paint when it is completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #2  
Re: 94BULLITTS Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher

Looks good Roger

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #4  
Re: 94BULLITTS Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher

Very nice!! Simple but probably very effective!! love to see some "action pics!!"

Cheers

Roger

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #5  
Looks good. I like it a lot.

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #6  
Not to shabby. I think I would add some stands/feet to it to help it stay upright when not in use. I added some to mine when I built mine. I've added two stands to the front since the picture was taken as I originally had the feet on the dethatcher and the frame it mounts to.

DSC04230.jpg

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher
Very nice!! Simple but probably very effective!! love to see some "action pics!!"

Cheers

Roger

Thanks, I will get some action pictures.

Looks good. I like it a lot.

Thanks.

Not to shabby. I think I would add some stands/feet to it to help it stay upright when not in use. I added some to mine when I built mine. I've added two stands to the front since the picture was taken as I originally had the feet on the dethatcher and the frame it mounts to.

View attachment 376776

Yours looks good too. I originally planned on adding a park stand but it is stable the way it is. It would take a pretty good bump to knock it over. I plan on hanging it on the wall when it is not in use.

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #8  
I like it - good work...

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher #9  
In the last pick with it attached to the tractor, it looks like the 3ph is all the way up but the tines are on the ground. How are you going to lift it?

/ 94BULLITT's Home Built 3 Point Hitch Dethatcher
I like it - good work...

Thanks.

In the last pick with it attached to the tractor, it looks like the 3ph is all the way up but the tines are on the ground. How are you going to lift it?

The 3PH is barely raised. The BX has a good bit of lift for its size.