900 heirloom tomatoes

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Was looking at information my wife has for the plant sale her Master Gardener group is having this Saturday in Placerville, Ca. I was amazed, they plan to have over 900 heirloom tomatoes. I don't think I have ever seen that many tomatoes, except in a farm field!

Keep an eye out in your local area's; it is the time of year these groups have sales. There are usually some really great plants!

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #2  
Gosh, add a recipe for fresh baked bread and my mouth starts watering. :thumbsup:

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #3  
Was looking at information my wife has for the plant sale her Master Gardener group is having this Saturday in Placerville, Ca. I was amazed, they plan to have over 900 heirloom tomatoes. I don't think I have ever seen that many tomatoes, except in a farm field!

Keep an eye out in your local area's; it is the time of year these groups have sales. There are usually some really great plants!

Heirlooms are great; glad to see that they are making a comeback. I planted some Cherokee Purple and Mortgage Busters.

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #4  
Try some ox heart heirlooms..We grow them rather than romas. There are two to three times as big as a roma and very prolific.
Shawn

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes
One of my all time summer favorites! Nice fresh tomato, cut thick, on a slice of bread, little salt, and a dash of mayo.

Gosh, add a recipe for fresh baked bread and my mouth starts watering. :thumbsup:

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #6  
Only two things that money can't buy: that's true love and homegrown tomatoes.:)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yiWcS4w1i0&feature=related"]Guy Clark - Homegrown Tomatoes - YouTube[/ame]

Steve

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #7  
One of my all time summer favorites! Nice fresh tomato, cut thick, on a slice of bread, little salt, and a dash of mayo.

All of this tomato eating talk has got to STOP right now!! I mean, a guy can only take so much. My spinach is just barely poking up above ground and it's painful to think about how long we have to wait until that first tomatoe/egg/toast breakfast! :D

mater.jpg

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #8  
All of this tomato eating talk has got to STOP right now!! I mean, a guy can only take so much. My spinach is just barely poking up above ground and it's painful to think about how long we have to wait until that first tomatoe/egg/toast breakfast! :D

mater.jpg

I would top that off with some fresh, chopped green onion (which, by the way, we are enjoying right now in great abundance).

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes #9  
One guy said he didn't sell Heirlooms because they were ugly, I said they eat purty! I don't care what they look like!:D

/ 900 heirloom tomatoes
Add a side of fried banana's to that, and I'd be in heaven :D

mater.jpg