8N restored with pics

/ 8N restored with pics #1  

somanytractors

Silver Member
Tractor
several
I've also posted my MF35 HERE

I've built a few old tractors. A couple back I started taking pics and I thought I'd post them if anyone wants to see them.
If there's an interest I have one or two more that I took pics of.
This one's an 8n
When I got it, it ran but only had 2 gears because the top cover was wore out to the point that it got stuck in 2 gears at the same time which shattered one of the gears.
This was where I started taking pics. After the tranny repairs and after I had already started painting. I know it's the wrong color but this is the colors it wanted to be.

1685488239806.png
1685488441426.png
1685488550622.png
1685488618331.png
1685488675673.png
1685488771773.png
1685489023566.png

The squirrel is narla. She's my little helper but she often gets in the way.

Last edited:
   / 8N restored with pics #2  
Saving old tractors is a GOOD thing, true it is not the traditional color but it's your tractor paint it whatever color makes ya happy.

/ 8N restored with pics #3  
I'm interested in seeing your tractors! I have a few and just got my first Ford. Wife wants an 8N but I ended up with a 3000 diesel.

/ 8N restored with pics #4  
Nice! I have an old 8N up in the field and I'm trying to decide if I want to fix it or sell it as a parts tractor.

/ 8N restored with pics
Nice! I have an old 8N up in the field and I'm trying to decide if I want to fix it or sell it as a parts tractor.
I would fix it. The N models aren't really worth parting out. There's just too many of them out there. They are the most popular tractor model to date. They sold over 840,000 of them. And they're so simple and durable that most of the parts in an N model last forever and the parts that are wear parts are so cheap new that you cant get anything for them used.
I would try to fix it. They're great little tractors to have around the house for little jobs.

/ 8N restored with pics
I'm interested in seeing your tractors! I have a few and just got my first Ford. Wife wants an 8N but I ended up with a 3000 diesel.
I did a couple 3000s but didn't get pics. I have one that I got a before and after pic but nothing in between
1685534229798.png
1685534329992.png

/ 8N restored with pics #7  
Nice. Mines a 67 England build. I'm really liking the Fords now. I'm blown away by the parts that are still available new for them. I'm going to find an 8N or an NAA next. I love the styling.

My father was always a Ford/Mustang guy so I grew up with Ford in my blood. Had some 70's Mustangs, F100's and started trucking with LTS and LTL Louisvilles.

Attachments

• 20230520_213740.jpg
    20230520_213740.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 75
   / 8N restored with pics
Nice. Mines a 67 England build. I'm really liking the Fords now. I'm blown away by the parts that are still available new for them. I'm going to find an 8N or an NAA next. I love the styling.

My father was always a Ford/Mustang guy so I grew up with Ford in my blood. Had some 70's Mustangs, F100's and started trucking with LTS and LTL Louisvilles.
I'm pretty much an old ford/ferguson guy. The old ones are easy enough to get parts for and they'll do anything the newer ones do, maybe even better.
One problem with the thousands series is the stupid modern instrument panel. They never work. I usually cut holes in the dash and put the old mechanical gauges in. Otherwise the 3000s are pretty good tractors.
I don't have a problem with IH/case but I try to stay with ford and ferguson.
I did buy a mitsubishi once. That was a big mistake. They are junk, and impossible to get parts for.

/ 8N restored with pics #9  
So far my dash all still works. I see you can get new aftermarket ones but I see they have mixed reviews on how good they are.