7275 injection pump question

/ 7275 injection pump question #21  
Short Game
You described the condition exactly on my 7274 but mine had 1000 hrs on it
I had to get mine rebuilt to the tune of $1300 but was told that they "beefed" up the teeth and springs etc
So far so good (touch wood)

/ 7275 injection pump question #22  
Cub7274, I think you may have problems. You were suppose to knock on wood not touch it.:eek:

/ 7275 injection pump question #23  
If anyone is bold enough (or, like me, cheap enough) to take apart that small $1300 handful, I recommend trying it. The Denso pump has that steel rack gear turning what looks like anodized alloy, lost wax cast, pinions that are no match for the steel rack gear in a tooth to tooth battle. Seven bucks for the pinions makes the choice of how to go about this repair clear for me, at least.

Still, I have thought about ways to take that muscle-bound solenoid return spring out of the game. In yesteryear, diesel fuel shutoffs were a knob on the dash that manually pushed against the governor. I have thought about doing something like that. While my old 7274 sits dead (cracked K3M engine block), and its fuel injection pump (the one I rebuilt) is available for my 7300, should it be needed, I still don't want to go through the ordeal again. I may someday build a manual fuel shutoff and toss that solenoid aside.

/ 7275 injection pump question #24  
I was just looking out the window and there was my old busted pump pinion sitting there on the sill. I thought, I should get a macro snapshot for this thread.

IMG_1002.JPG

11/16" diameter.

/ 7275 injection pump question #25  
Short Game: I have the exact same problem. Took apart my pump to find that one of the pinion teeth was broken loose and jammed into the rack, preventing it from moving to open up. However, once I took it all apart, I'm unsure as to how the orient the pinion during reassembly, as this will obviously affect how the fuel shut off function works. Any suggestions on how to orient the pinion? Thanks !!

/ 7275 injection pump question #26  
You do realize that the post is 5-1/2 years old? Hopefully the OP still follows this forum.

Bob B.

/ 7275 injection pump question #27  
SD> there is a dot on the gear & a line on the rack..
As far as the pumping plunger goes> the "cut" {helix} on the end, goes AWAY FROM the control rack.. good luck.

/ 7275 injection pump question #28  
Thank you for the help !!

/ 7275 injection pump question #29  
Hi,
I have a 7275 cub cadet tractor that reved high and the key would not shut the tractor down. I had to turn off the fuel supply at the settlement bowl to shut it down. I did not run out of fuel. I cleaned the fuel filter and I bled the lines and have fuel going into the injector pump but don`t have any coming out of the 3 lines going to the injectors. Any thoughts on my next steps to try? If I end up pulling the injection pump do I have to first remove the govoner?
Cub7274
It may be the pump broken, but I took the inspection plate off and the 3 injector ports off the top of the pump and found no obvious broken parts or pluged injectors so I`m thinking it may be the selonoid on the front of the injector pump. I ordered a new one it cost about $150 dollars so I hope I`m right. It said it would be at my place between the 19th and the 23rd. Thanks for your responce and help. I`ll let you know if the selonoid solves the problem. I read that if the selonoid is bad the valve will not open thus keeping diesel fuel to be pumped out the pump into the injectors.

Hi,
I have a 7275 cub cadet tractor that reved high and the key would not shut the tractor down. I had to turn off the fuel supply at the settlement bowl to shut it down. I did not run out of fuel. I cleaned the fuel filter and I bled the lines and have fuel going into the injector pump but don`t have any coming out of the 3 lines going to the injectors. Any thoughts on my next steps to try? If I end up pulling the injection pump do I have to first remove the govoner?

/ 7275 injection pump question #30  
Hi,
Cub7274
It may be the pump broken, but I took the inspection plate off and the 3 injector ports off the top of the pump and found no obvious broken parts or pluged injectors so I`m thinking it may be the selonoid on the front of the injector pump. I ordered a new one it cost about $150 dollars so I hope I`m right. It said it would be at my place between the 19th and the 23rd. Thanks for your responce and help. I`ll let you know if the selonoid solves the problem. I read that if the selonoid is bad the valve will not open thus keeping diesel fuel to be pumped out the pump into the injectors.

Hi,

Hi,

Hi,