72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #521  
I thought about and it might be easier overall. Less work than cutting off the mounts and re-welding. Only need to take one tooth out. The way it falls now the outboard mounts one is just inside the bucket and the other is just to the outside. I only need an inch and a half at most. Cutting out the middle and welding back together is the easiest I think. And I can easily prep for a full pen weld.

I don't think I will bend it either, but it might bend the edge of the bucket if I hooked the RR on something and rolled the bucket back.

So did it not work, or was it a little off?....I read earlier in this thread that someone with a Kioti got it to work on their 60" bucket, I eyed mine up today and it seems it will work, but the straps will not be perfectly straight.

Have not thought about cutting the middle, sounds much easier than the brackets, but was hoping it would work with no mods on my kioti after reading someone having luck.

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #522  
Yes it mounts w/o modifications, but it would be better (stronger) with a tooth removed.

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #523  
Took my 72 inch Rachet Rake to the dentist today

I did a little home dentistry today and removed one large tooth from my ratchet rake. I have some pics which i will post later.

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #524  
Would love to see a pic.

I haven't even had the chance/time to see how it fits on our bucket. Will probably try this Sunday, though. The shop here at work has a plasma cutter and welder so doing whatever is necessary shouldn't be that big of a deal...

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #526  
Can't see your pics on the work comp, Buck, but will check them out when I get home.

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #527  
Can't see your pics on the work comp, Buck, but will check them out when I get home.

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #528  
5/8" is a little thick for my Thomahawk 375
plasma cutter so I torch cut the tooth out.
RatchetRakeMod 03 (Medium).jpg

Trial fit up.
RatchetRakeMod 04 (Medium).jpg

RatchetRakeMod 07 (Medium).jpg

My MIG technique leaves something to be desired, but
I have maybe an hours worth of trigger time since I got
this MIG machine. I'm better at stick but don't own a stick
welder of my own yet but I'm working on it.
RatchetRakeMod 08 (Medium).jpg

Ground flush and ready for paint
RatchetRakeMod 10 (Medium).jpg

RatchetRakeMod 12 (Medium).jpg

A shot showing the piece removed. I don't know about
everyone else but I took my tooth out of the center.
RatchetRakeMod 13 (Medium).jpg

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #529  
I don't know about everyone else but I took my tooth out of the center.

That makes sense to me, FWIW.

Ken

/ 72 inch Rachet Rake on sale at TSC $199 #530  
I took mine out of the end so if I was off it would not affect the ends as much. I did wind up being off, but also learned the fit is very forgiving.