65 ford 2000 stuck in gear how can i fix

/ 65 ford 2000 stuck in gear how can i fix #1  

gregg25

Tractor
ford 2000
i have a 1965 ford 3cyl diesel ,6speed i have swapped top cover as the orig was wore ,
also noticed the square (pawls) that the shift shaft goes into is not perfect its wore .
i hear that i can get a new detent ball and spring and parts ?
does anyone know what part numbers are needed to swap , i tried google but do not know the actual
names of the parts . it works for a week or so then pops out and jams the shifter again and the only cure is more cowbell. i mean poping the top and putting both sticks in neutral and moving the trans forks .
thanks , greg

/ 65 ford 2000 stuck in gear how can i fix #2  
i have a 1965 ford 3cyl diesel ,6speed i have swapped top cover as the orig was wore , also noticed the square (pawls) that the shift shaft goes into is not perfect its wore . i hear that i can get a new detent ball and spring and parts ? does anyone know what part numbers are needed to swap , i tried google but do not know the actual names of the parts . it works for a week or so then pops out and jams the shifter again and the only cure is more cowbell. i mean poping the top and putting both sticks in neutral and moving the trans forks . thanks , greg

A lot of Ford Tractor Parts, including yout 1965 Ford 2000, are still available from New Holland delars. This link will take you to one I have used.

New Holland Parts | Buy Online & Save

Enter your model no. In the Model search box and follow the links.

There may be a New Holland dealer near you. Try Google to find one.