3-Point Hitch 5203 3 point hitch ? please

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
good evening fellas. i have a 2005 jd 5203 ag tractor. is there any way to raise the height of the implement while moving from place to place or while loading the tractor with bushog attached onto the trailer? in other words can i make my 3 pont hitch raise higher than the factory setting? the 2 side arms have about a foot or so of threads that look like they can be screwed in to give me what i need but i wasn't sure that is what this is really for. i waould just like to get more height out of my 3ph when moving my bushiog around when not cutting or when loading it onto the trailer.
thanks,
whitearrow->>>-------------->

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please #2  
The adjustable lift links are for leveling 3pt hitch implements or when using a rear blade for ditching. You can shorten both of them as long as cutter doesn't hit an obstruction in fully raised position.

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please #3  
If you adjust them to high, it won't lower enough to unhook or re-hook. As well, it may not lower for the desired cut height.

5203 should be fine and give enough clearance.

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please
i was just looking at a 5205 series tractor and they were carrying the bush hog with quite a bit more ground clearance than my 5203 series does. so, i figured there had to be some way to get more clearance outta my '03 series tractor. then i started thinking well maybe the bargain basement '03 series tractors have limits and not the bells and whistles that the '05 series tractors have. but surely not on something as needful as being able to properly load your tractor with the rotary cutter connected for us folks w/o a bucket loader. i mean with my hog in tow it is maybe 6-8" off the ground at the lowest point.
thanks fellas,
whitearrow

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please #5  
Get a hydraulic top link. By retracting the top link you will be able to raise the back of your cutter about 2 feet. Simple to do and cost around $300 as long as you already have a rear remote to use. ;)

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please
thanks mtnview but negative on the rear remote so thats a no go. the rear of the cutter is fine just the deck is too low for me. maybe i will try to screw the 2 side arms in some as my cutting height on the indicator is 4.5. so, maybe i can go down to 1 or so.i do wanna be able to attach other implements though.
thanks,
whitearrow

/ 5203 3 point hitch ? please #7  
This should be a simple adjustment issue. When I purchased both my previous 5105 and my current 5303, I adjusted the 3PT arm height on both. I believe the manual states something like 7" from ground level to center of lift arm ball. I could likely get by with mine higher than I have it, but as others have stated, don't want to get to something with a low attachment point and have trouble connecting. I can adjust the Top Link from the position I usually operate my MX6 cutter to a much shorter lenght for transport and it picks the mower up quite a bit.