3-Point Hitch 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising #11  
hi, check out this thread hydraulic manifold case looks like it has been a problem with the hydraulic pump manifoild case.

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising #12  
hi, check out this thread hydraulic manifold case looks like it has been a problem with the hydraulic pump manifoild case.

Yup.. Remember it well. Everything's been all good with my 75M since that warranty fix. No problems whatsoever.

I'd buy another M in a heartbeat! Deere did good by me and Bigfoot.

AKfish

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising
Sorry guys, been away for a while. So as it turns out, the issue went away completely once I put the bush-hog on the back, which is much heavier (2,600 lbs vs. 800 lbs). I have since switched back to the log grapple and the issue has not returned. Perhaps if I leave the light grapple on there for a while, the symptoms will develop again?

I'm still going to check the screen, etc, but it least it seems there was nothing wrong that required immediate attention.

I too remember reading that hydraulic manifold case. I'm glad that doesn't appear to be the issue as I'm long out of warranty!

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising #14  
That's good news, indeed! I haven't looked at my OM in awhile or the Tech manual but, I don't think the M series has a sump screen. Just that big, screw on filter on the pump manifold.

I bought a chain-ratchet filter wrench to change that filter.

I think the manual calls for a filter change @ 600 hrs.

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising
There actually is a filter AK. Here's what mine looked like at 100 hrs:

100hrmaint-3.jpg

And the mysterious o-ring fragments I found inside:

100hrmaint-4.jpg

I did a full service, including new filter at 100 hrs. My old vs. new fluid:

100hrmaint-5.jpg

I'm at a little under 700 hrs, so maybe it is almost time to do it again.

/ 5085M 3pt hitch very choppy when raising #16  
Hmmm... Appreciate that info. I'm just over 600hrs on the 75M and plan on a change-out this Spring. Have to do some homework, beforehand.