5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)?

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #1  

hc99

I'm pretty much done with the year's field mowing but still have a few unmowed odds-and-ends spots that are hard to reach with the 50 HP tractor I usually mow with. The B2320/HST manual recommends a 4 ft. mower, but I'm guessing that if I stick to level ground, avoid the tough places, and take it easy engaging the 5 mower I might be ok. Wonder if anyone here has any actual experience, good or bad, putting a 5 ft. 3pt mower on a B2320 or similar size tractor?

Thanks,
Howard

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #2  
Should be ok size wise. The limit may be in pto hp, but if you're not cutting crazy tall /thick stuff you should be ok. I know people with a 5' on the b2920 and have used a rental myself with no problems...

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #3  
I have a 4ft on 24 HP Branson and wish it was 5 ft. I only mow level ground and grass that is 2 foot tall or less. The 4 ft never makes the tractor grunt at any reasonable speed. Only problem might be is lifting the 5 ft could make the front end light. Since I mow on level ground I never connect the top link so this isn't an issue for me.

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #4  
I have a bx25 and I think my brush hog is a 5 footer. Not real Sure I gave 20$ for it. Had to put a new pto shafts on it though. I posted a video of it on YouTube. It does real good with it. IT will pick up fine on the 3pt but if I didn't have the backhoe on I couldn't lift it with the FEL without the back tires coming off the ground.

Last edited:
   / 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #5  
ForumRunner_20131119_125437.png

I don't know for sure how big it is but it is about 5 or 6 inches out side the tires.

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)? #6  
I used a 4' on a B2320 and believe I could have done a 5' on it on level ground with FEL or other weights on the front.

/ 5 ft. Bushog on a B2320 (or similar)?
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've got a FEL to counterbalance the weight of the mower. I figured the Kubota recommendation is conservative, and within reason I could get away with using a bigger mower. So unless I hear othewise I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again,
Howard