5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #11  
Get a Brown 415 it’s the heaviest duty that size tractor can run. With chains it’s around $4200 plus tax. Side by side with a RCR 1860 there is little comparison
Brown makes a fine cutter but it isnt the heaviest duty.

Its one of the heavier duty mowers.....but it isnt king. And just about every manufacture makes a comparable mower in terms of heft and durability

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #12  
I agree with the others that I would not want to share it with your neighbor. I also wouldn't want to be stuck using a small cutter when I had enough power to run a bigger one.

I have a 6 foot light duty Land Pride rotary cutter that I pulled behind a 37 HP tractor since 2003. I beat it up pretty bad by clearing land and backing into trees that it wasn't designed to handle. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done those things, but I did, and over time, I beat it up pretty good.

I've replaced the tail wheel several times, the gear box twice, the stump jumper once and the blades every other year. I'm on my 3rd driveshaft and I destroyed that last week by running it on my bigger 70HP tractor. Now I need another driveshaft, but I bought a bigger 12 foot batwing for the bigger tractor and I'm in no rush to fix the 6 foot cutter.

The thing that I like about Land Pride is that I can go to Messicks.com and order every part for it without leaving my house. Their prices are good, their service is fantastic, and it's here in a couple of days. I really wanted to stick with Land Pride for my 12 foot cutter, but I couldn't find one anywhere in my area, and then I got a really great price for a Titan 1912 batwing, so I switched brands. Hopefully I can get parts for it as easily as I can for the Land Pride.

At 37 HP, my tractor was able to handle the 6 foot cutter, but barely. A lot of the time I had to be in my lowest gear and just crawl along to keep the RPM's up on the engine. It wasn't uncommon to bog it down in really thick and tall stuff, but it also kept going and eventually got the job done. I wouldn't want anything smaller. 6 feet is too small, 5 foot would just be painful when you have the power to run something bigger.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #13  
I agree with the others that I would not want to share it with your neighbor. I also wouldn't want to be stuck using a small cutter when I had enough power to run a bigger one.

I have a 6 foot light duty Land Pride rotary cutter that I pulled behind a 37 HP tractor since 2003. I beat it up pretty bad by clearing land and backing into trees that it wasn't designed to handle. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done those things, but I did, and over time, I beat it up pretty good.

I've replaced the tail wheel several times, the gear box twice, the stump jumper once and the blades every other year. I'm on my 3rd driveshaft and I destroyed that last week by running it on my bigger 70HP tractor. Now I need another driveshaft, but I bought a bigger 12 foot batwing for the bigger tractor and I'm in no rush to fix the 6 foot cutter.

The thing that I like about Land Pride is that I can go to Messicks.com and order every part for it without leaving my house. Their prices are good, their service is fantastic, and it's here in a couple of days. I really wanted to stick with Land Pride for my 12 foot cutter, but I couldn't find one anywhere in my area, and then I got a really great price for a Titan 1912 batwing, so I switched brands. Hopefully I can get parts for it as easily as I can for the Land Pride.

At 37 HP, my tractor was able to handle the 6 foot cutter, but barely. A lot of the time I had to be in my lowest gear and just crawl along to keep the RPM's up on the engine. It wasn't uncommon to bog it down in really thick and tall stuff, but it also kept going and eventually got the job done. I wouldn't want anything smaller. 6 feet is too small, 5 foot would just be painful when you have the power to run something bigger.
Eddie,

Did you get it at Coker Enterprises? Let me know how it works out. I looked at one here in Athens at the new Vermeer Ag East Texas store and it looks good. Coker was $750 cheaper.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #14  
Eddie,

Did you get it at Coker Enterprises? Let me know how it works out. I looked at one here in Athens at the new Vermeer Ag East Texas store and it looks good. Coker was $750 cheaper.
Randy,

I bought it from the dealer that I bought my Massey Ferguson 4707 from in Keren's on Highway 31 near Corsicana. He had one in stock and his website had it listed for $12,899 After selling it to me at that price, he changed the website to $14,299

So far, I'm super impressed with it. I'm mowing at 2.3 MPH through everything I can drive over. Some of it's over my hood!! On the flat areas where it's just a foot tall, I go a lot faster, but it gets too bouncy in the tractor if I go too fast.

I bought my first tractor and the 6 foot Land Pride from Coker. He had the best price by far. I also bought a 16 foot trailer from him for the same reason. My neighbor has a Zetor that he bought from him that he really likes. But I'm hesitant to buy anything else from him because of how disorganized they are and nothing ever gets done when you need something. Parts are always coming in on Thursday, but that might be several Thursdays from now, or a couple months from now. Repairs start quickly, but once it's all torn apart, it just sits there for a month or two. You never really know when it's going to get fixed. For a mower, you might be OK if you do your own repairs. I wouldn't want to rely on getting blades from them. My neighbor has been hiring people to mow his place because his tractor has been in their for such a long time.

What does Coker want for a Titan 1912 batwing?

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #15  
agree w/consensus, regardless of the mower quality or service duty, you will be paying the price as he mows his own land.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #16  
Randy,

I bought it from the dealer that I bought my Massey Ferguson 4707 from in Keren's on Highway 31 near Corsicana. He had one in stock and his website had it listed for $12,899 After selling it to me at that price, he changed the website to $14,299

So far, I'm super impressed with it. I'm mowing at 2.3 MPH through everything I can drive over. Some of it's over my hood!! On the flat areas where it's just a foot tall, I go a lot faster, but it gets too bouncy in the tractor if I go too fast.

I bought my first tractor and the 6 foot Land Pride from Coker. He had the best price by far. I also bought a 16 foot trailer from him for the same reason. My neighbor has a Zetor that he bought from him that he really likes. But I'm hesitant to buy anything else from him because of how disorganized they are and nothing ever gets done when you need something. Parts are always coming in on Thursday, but that might be several Thursdays from now, or a couple months from now. Repairs start quickly, but once it's all torn apart, it just sits there for a month or two. You never really know when it's going to get fixed. For a mower, you might be OK if you do your own repairs. I wouldn't want to rely on getting blades from them. My neighbor has been hiring people to mow his place because his tractor has been in their for such a long time.

What does Coker want for a Titan 1912 batwing?

$12,750. $13,500 in Athens.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors
In terms of "welding", I am referring to vibration and stress seizing the stump jumper hub to the PTO gearbox shaft, not a true arc welding problem.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #18  
Brown makes a fine cutter but it isnt the heaviest duty.

Its one of the heavier duty mowers.....but it isnt king. And just about every manufacture makes a comparable mower in terms of heft and durability
You must not own a Brown product.

/ 5'/60" rotary mower recommendation for 30~55HP tractors #19  
In terms of "welding", I am referring to vibration and stress seizing the stump jumper hub to the PTO gearbox shaft, not a true arc welding problem.
They are usually a tapered spline so think like a ball joint or tie rod end.

A homemade puller of some sort, and maybe a little heating and hammering. Sometimes they go easy....sometimes........