4820CH was delivered today! First impressions.

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #1  

stoyan79

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3700SU, TYM 4820CH
000.jpg

Put couple of hours on the new machine today to get a feel of it.

1. If you only have one tractor, don't get a cab!
I had to have the A/C on all the time and the weather was gorgeous outside. Hated it. I'm sure I would like the heat once winter is here.

2. Hydro pedals are awful. Very hard to press and have to move my foot from one to the other all the time.

3. Auto throttle is amazing. Love in first sight!

4. This machine is heavy and this is a good thing! Feels very stable and was able to move full buckets of load without any ballast and unfilled tires.

5. Love the 4 range transfer case!

6. Some of the controls are flimsy and the 3-point lever is the worst. Bent it on first use! WTF???

7. Hydraulics are slow, but not horrible as long as you keep the RPMs up.

8. Dealer was amazing, got me a good price, delivered 2 days later on a day I specified, everything seems tight, fluids look perfect and they topped off the fuel tank. Dealer is AUSRA Equipment in Michigan.

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #2  
Any particular reason you bought the tractor if you don't like so many things?

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions.
Price. I am a Kubota guy, and similar Kubota tractor is $50K. I paid $29,500 for this one.

Any particular reason you bought the tractor if you don't like so many things?

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #4  
You bent the rockshaft control?! Well damn. 🤣

Fortunately it sounds like your complaints are the types of things you adapt to as you use the machine, where the things you praise related to the ability of the tractor to do work.

It's a handsome tractor, if a little clean; you'll find a nice shade of tan or brown to apply soon enough. 🍻

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #5  
You want to keep the RPM's up anyhow, just to keep the DPF system happy and healthy.

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions.
This will be for snow removal at one of my businesses, old trusty open station Kubota stays at home.

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #8  
View attachment 822547

I had to have the A/C on all the time and the weather was gorgeous outside. Hated it. I'm sure I would like the heat once winter is here.

2. Hydro pedals are awful. Very hard to press and have to move my foot from one to the other all the time.

4. This machine is heavy and this is a good thing! Feels very stable and was able to move full buckets of load without any ballast and unfilled tires.

6. Some of the controls are flimsy and the 3-point lever is the worst. Bent it on first use! WTF???

8. Dealer was amazing, got me a good price, delivered 2 days later on a day I specified, everything seems tight, fluids look perfect and they topped off the fuel tank. Dealer is AUSRA Equipment in Michigan.
My thoughts would be:

1. You know you can open the back window, right? With the back window and a side door (or both) open, the amount of air circulation is nearly the same as an open station. Try it.

2. The "very hard to press" doesn't sound right. Maybe talk to your dealer about that?

3. Auto throttle link to pedals is awesome.

4. I would immediately stop doing that. Never. Never haul bucket loads of dirt without a rear ballast. You WILL break your front end. It's not even an "if". It's just a "when". Having rear tires filled + a rear ballast is even better.

5. Ya' got me there, lol. Only 3 ranges on mine.

6. I can't even imagine how this is possible, to bend the 3 pt control? Did you let Bongo the Gorilla drive it? Get into a kickboxing fight with Bruce Lee in the cab? Gonna have to explain how that one is even possible.

7. Which hydraulics? FEL? Maybe also talk to dealer about it? Have them check the hyd pressure?

8. Awesome on the dealer.

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #9  
Very nice tractor. Glad you like more than you dislike.

I think you will learn to like the cab even on nice weather days. I enjoy coming home from work in dress clothes and jumping in the tractor to mow or whatever just before dark. I get out as clean as I got in. Hard to not appreciate that.

I too would like to know how the 3pt lever bent. Mine seems plenty stout.

I agree with Slim the slow hydraulics does not sound quite right. That may need to be looked at. One of the rear remotes if you have two may not spring back to center. Is it possible it is partially engaged slowing things down?

/ 4820CH was delivered today! First impressions. #10  
View attachment 822547

Get a cab, open a window.

Auto throttle is nice till you need full rpm and less speed,
then you'll need to over ride with the hand throttle.

You'll need a bolt on cutting edge on that bucket or it will get tweaked.