4707 comparison chart

/ 4707 comparison chart #31  
what brand implements did you purchase w the 7060? I am zeroing in on the either the 7060 or 4707.
I have different brands. I buy based on quality/value of the needed implement. I have Land Pride, Bush Hog, EA, Woods, and some others. I use a quick hitch with top tilt for all of them where it makes sense.

Last edited:
   / 4707 comparison chart #32  
I cant speak for the other brands, but the Massey 4707 comes with everything listed, in its base model. I have one on order. Cash price was $51,500 and finance for 84 months at zero percent was $55,300

You wont find another 70 hp 4x4 cabbed tractor with all those features for anywhere that amount of money.
Where did u find one for that price?
Much more at this time in ny.

/ 4707 comparison chart
From reading posts on here, I learned about a dealership named Bruno's. https://www.brunospowersports.com/

They have the reputation of being the lowest price dealer around. From posting questions on here, another member posted what he paid for his tractor from Bruno's. That gave me the starting number to go from.

Then I went on TractorHouse and did a search for 4707's for sale. I found a few with the price listed that fell in line with Bruno's. https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/search/?Category=1100

From where I live, I figured out where all of the Massey Ferguson dealers where. I know some things about the closest one that I do not like. The next closest is also somebody that I don't want to deal with, but it's more third had stories. The next one after that is brand new, super competitive and all over FB and Youtube with a lot of videos. He has also posted prices for tractors, which very few people do, and his posted price for a 4707 was in the ballpark of Bruno's. He made that posting over the 4th of July weekend and I called him in November.

I asked him what he wanted for a Delux 4707 and he said $65,000 I expected this, so I asked him if he knew about Bruno's. That changed everything. He knows them very well, as I'm sure all of the Massey Ferguson dealers do. He then went into telling me how bad their service was, but how good his was and all of the usually sales stuff that I expected. I told him that Bruno's wasn't too far for me to drive up to, but he was closer and I would prefer a dealer closer then Bruno's. He said that he could work something out and he would send me a price the next day.

I locked in the price because I knew that inflation was out of control and it would be several months before it arrived. Maybe longer. Our government hates us, so it's now or never, if you want to get ahead. Since then, I've seen prices increase several grand. I think that whatever it costs today, it will be a lot more by Summer.

Since I signed the papers on mine, my dealer has had two 4707's come in that other people had locked in before I did. I'm not sure how many others are ahead of me, but everything that he gets in is already sold.

/ 4707 comparison chart #34  
Funny how dealers can be so off putting when somebody wants to buy a tractor. The closest Massey dealer to me isn't somebody that I want to deal with. I know a few people that worked there and they explained to me why nobody should ever buy from them. The next closest one doesn't seem to be interesting is selling anything. The one I ordered mine from is an hour away from me. Once I decided on what I wanted, it became a challenge trying to find somebody to give my money to!!!

Eddie,
I wonder if part of the issue is with how the MF dealer network is set up. Back in 2003 when I was looking for a subcompact, I was going back and forth between the Massey and Kubota offering. I went to 2 different Massey dealers to look at their model and they were both some of the most sour people I've ever dealt with. They were both mad at Massey grouching about other dealers being able to sell their inventory etc. I'm not sure if that's changed now. I can sympathize with you that sometimes it seems like a challenge to try to trade your money with someone.

When I bought my Kubota L3800, I wanted to buy from my local dealer, but they had already transitioned to the new L3901 (DPF and regen) and didn't offer up that they might have a slightly different model that was pre-tier 4. I ended up buying a L3800 from a dealer over an hour away at a great price. Fortunately, with it being a quality product, neither of my Kubota's have ever needed to go to a dealer for repairs. I've only had typical worn hoses or some other simple fixes I've done myself (thanks to help from the TBN braintrust).

I'm interested though in how your MF4707 avoids some of the emissions stuff. Based on the chart you posted, it has EGR, but doesn't have a DPF or DEF. How are they able to do that? It sounds like you have a heck of a tractor coming, as I would never want DPF or DEF if I could avoid it. The spec's that matter on that chart all seemed to lean in MF's favor.