4707 3 Point adjustment issues

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #11  
from looks tractor end is (if you account for ruler being shoved in a bit one end and out other end, really ruler from even ball swivel to ball swivel is best) 31" min (within the 32.5 spec for cat II) yet the CAT II implement runs 29.75" which is under the CAT II spec.
dont know how people can run this model implement on this model tractor unless mods were done.
or maybe certain year tractors of this model # had different setup around the drawbar that allowed collapsing arms more.
just my 2c worth, got no experience here, just a thought.
but ruler just showed your MIN width on tractor is LARGER than MAX width on implement.
theres an issue....

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #12  

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues
Yeah I saw this video, me and a friend did our best to go frame by frame to see if there was something I was missing.

Is it possible they just made the implement wrong? I got off the phone with baumalight and they said it should be compatible with cat 2 hitches, but with the max spacing on the implement is 29.75" I'm just not sure how that is right. Thankfully the phone support guy seemed really helpful and interested, he said he was going to pass my information and pictures off to the actual engineers who designed this thing.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #14  
at the 3.17 mark this unit looks like arms pressed in MUCH closer than OP unit. but the second window makes it hard to see.
this is why I wonderred about model years/user mods to tractor. if the draw bar plate was (example) 1/2" less total width on unit in video vs OP unit....well arms would sit in enough to work.

Capture.PNG

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #15  
Looks like the pin is missing.
Will the sleeve slide out for more holes farther out?

View attachment 750978
This! Looks like the stabilizers on that tractor as a mix of telescopic and threaded adjustment as well.

Since the pin is already out, I would give it a firm kick as it may be stuck from a combination of moisture and not being moved ever. It should loosen up.

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #16  
What is keeping your lift arms from moving closer together?

The sway bar in the video is pulled out farther and does not appear to have a pin in the first hole:
sway bar.png

Last edited:
   / 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #17  
Seems to me tractor arms are to wide and will never fit the implement because arms are hitting drawbar bracket before becoming narrow enough to fit implement...

1655767133624.png

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #18  
I took the pin out so you can adjust the turnbuckle to extend the threads, unfortunately it isn't the style with multiple holes you can pick from.

I measured the inside of the cutter, the hookups have a maximum width of 29.75 inches. The most narrow I can get my lower links is like 30.5" (probably closer to 31").

I guess I'll let you guys judge....

Looking at the measurement of implement in picture it seems to be CAT I

Check the "W" dimensions in document below... Cat II Should be almost 40+ inches... And yes the "V" dimension for cat II say it should fit but tractor design prevents that...

Attachments

• _ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
    _ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
   / 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #19  
Yep, the lower link pin diameter will be 1-1/8" for Cat 2.

Those in the picture don't look that big.

Cat 1 is 7/8".

/ 4707 3 Point adjustment issues #20  
The Bauma website says it's a Cat 2 implement.