4700 hydralic oil capacity

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I was wondering how much oil a 4700 power reverser holds. My book said a gear transmission holds 6.9 gal. a hydro model holds 8.8 gal. I put in 7 gal. and it never even touched the dipstick so I called the dealer. He said a gear transmission is different from a power reverser but couldn't tell me how many gal. it held. I put close to 9 gal. in it before it was full. I am pretty sure I didn't get that much out but can't be sure. All I know is it is on the full mark now.

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity #2  
It doesnt really matter how much hydralic oil in it. Aslong theres enough there wont be any problems.

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity #4  
getting ready to change the trans oil in my 4720 for the first time...this is good to know.

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity #5  
I also have a 4700 pwr reverser. I just changed my hydraulic fluid. The transmission/hydraulics took just under 7 Gal. If I remember correctly the front axle was just over a 1 gallon. I purchased 10 gal of low vis and have just a little left over.

Al

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity
I also have a 4700 pwr reverser. I just changed my hydraulic fluid. The transmission/hydraulics took just under 7 Gal. If I remember correctly the front axle was just over a 1 gallon. I purchased 10 gal of low vis and have just a little left over.

Al

After reading this I am nervous again. What year is your tractor. Mine is a 2001 not sure if maybe they changed something on them from one year model to another.

/ 4700 hydralic oil capacity #7  
Don't believe there's any real reason to worry...

Go with the dipstick! :D Avoid too much hyd fluid (and engine oil, too) "overfill" - and too little fluid - "underfill".

Keep everything in the "hash marks" and you're good to go! :thumbsup:

I don't believe that I ever "duplicated" the fill capacities in my owner's manuals for either my 970 or my 110. And I've serviced every thing that can/should be serviced on both machines. Come to think of it... I don't think the recommended fill on the 'ol 9N was the same as the book either. Least on the tranny.

AKfish