4310 radio antenna

/ 4310 radio antenna #1  

Anonymous Poster

I recently purchased an L4310 with cab and radio with a mirror-mount antenna. The antenna mast wasn't tight and fell off. My dealer is having a hard time finding just the mast (he's told I have to buy the entire radio mount kit which costs $100). I've tried Radio Shack and auto supply centers. Their antennas all have 1/4" diameter thread. This mast needs a 12mm fine thread. I've tried three other dealers to no avail. Can anyone help?

/ 4310 radio antenna #2  
Hi,

Since you logged in from in Binghamton area (I see that you use my ISP) ... if you didn't already, you might try Unicorn Electronics off of Harry L. Drive in Johnson City (right near Goodrich... I assume you bought from them?). I've found pretty good matches on small antennas from Unicorn, although I am not sure if they carry much for outdoor use or as large as a 12mm thread. Although, they might be able to locate it if one of their suppliers carries one. Worth a try I guess... otherwise if there isn't a part number for just the mast, you might have a hard time finding it.

BTW, Unicorn's number is 798-0260 if you want to give them a call.

Hope this helps...

msig.gif