Grading 4300 Blade Question

/ 4300 Blade Question #1  

jimblaine

Tractor
John Deere 4300
My neighbor and I will take delivery on a new 4300 with 420 FEL and 60" belly mower this week (we traded in our 855).
My partner would like to add a blade for the FEL to use for snow plowing in the winter. We have a combined 3/4 mile or so of paved drive and, since we live in the Ozarks, much of it is steep. I would appreciate opinions on the FEL blade setup versus a standard blade.
Thanks,
Jim
Springfield, Missouri

/ 4300 Blade Question #2  
Jim
I have both on my <font color=orange>Kubota 2910</font color=orange>./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif If it weren’t for the expense I would go for the front blade./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif It will not work well for grading your drive. I have the same back blade as Boondox has. With the hydrulic cylinder on it. I’m able to do a good job of clearing and maintaining the gravel portion of my drive. It is also handy moving snow in tight places. I have the Landpride RB3572.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ 4300 Blade Question #3  
Jim, I have the same tractor. and use a 66" front blade insead of the loader. The only regrete I have is I wish I got the wider front blade. I podered the same question when I ordered my tractor, but for me the front blade is worth the money as long as it snows. Like most others I also run a light 7' rear blade on the back to.
DDT

/ 4300 Blade Question
I did not word my question as clearly as hoped.
Our choice will be between a front blade attached to the FEL and operated by hydraulic control or a more conventional front blade also operated by hydraulic control. It seems to me that the FEL blade option would make the rig a little less stable and more likely to spin out to the side especially on steep hills, but I would appreciate opinions.
Thanks,
Jim

/ 4300 Blade Question #5  
JD makes a quick-attach front blade that can be used on the 420, 430, and 440 loaders. It lists for about $1200 for the version with manual angling. A hydraulic angle kit is available. To use it you also need to add the 3rd hydraulic control valve to your tractor. Even with the cost of these hydraulics, the total would be less than purchasing a front blade that mounts in place of the loader. The loader mounted blade is intended for snow moving and light duty gravel, soil, etc. moving.

/ 4300 Blade Question #6  
I have one of the John Deere blades that fits the 420 and 430 loaders. I used it one season on my 4300 (actual use about 3 hours). I will sell the blade for $600.00 if the buyer takes care of the shipping or comes and gets it. I am in SE Minnesota just South of Rochester.

/ 4300 Blade Question #7  
Deere4600 => It is going to be hard to sell the blade if you do not give a number or email address. Or just email me about it. [emma@mhtc.net]