425 Trouble Shooting Help

/ 425 Trouble Shooting Help
I've noticed ethanol fuel seems to seep into the carb float and weigh it down. A carb rebuild sounds good, just make sure you get a new float. They aren't included in some rebuild kits and seem to be the culprit in a lot of the carbs I've rebuilt
That's good to know, I will forward that info to my Mechanic, I was going to go our and try to order a rebuild kit, I'll satke a look at JD's Kit and if they don't include one I'll identify teh part number to order, good input.........

I've noticed ethanol fuel seems to seep into the carb float and weigh it down. A carb rebuild sounds good, just make sure you get a new float. They aren't included in some rebuild kits and seem to be the culprit in a lot of the carbs I've rebuilt
That's a great comment, I was going to go out and order a Rebuild Kit, if it doesn't have a float I'll have to find a kit with one or order that part separately THANKS !

Looking on fd620d . com @ FD620 FD620D Carburetor Rebuild Kit for John Deere 345/425 / 445 Rebuild MIA11386 MIA12362 AM118872 Carburetors, Hmmmmm, I'm wondering how to find out what carburetor is in that '93..... I have the serial number: M000425A013701, guess I'll be off to research that using the JD Catalog, I'd rather find a JD Kit if they offer one..... In the meantime this Package includes: Float Bowl Gasket, Manifold Gasket, Float Valve, Idle Screw, Mixture Screw, Piolet Jet, Main Jet, O-Rings, Springs and 4pcs of banding, also comes with new throttle shaft seal that replaces your old one that can leak and cause poor idling and lean running conditions. This Note is important: "Some variations of the FD620 engine may use different jet sizes."......