Oil & Fuel 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking

/ 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking #1  

Ken2014

Tractor
1882 Yanmar 2010D
My 4 wheel drive front axle knuckle is leaking. I have replaced the rubber seal and installed the sleeve from Hoye Tractor which did not help. The sleeve slips up on the top housing loosely and I think it needs some kind of seal on the inside of the seal as now it is metal to metal with nothing to stop the oil from leaking out. Does anybody have a solution for this. I have tried just using the seal which did not help. I have contacted Hoye but no answer yet. I have a Yanmar 2010D with a FEL and a Thumb bucket grapple which works great with 12" forks on the bucket.

/ 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking #3  
We have seen before where the housing has been machined by a previous owner to clean up some rust or wear. Do you have a way to measure the diameter of your housing? That should tell us for sure.

/ 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking
I can't measure the housing bit I will remove the knuckle and try some rtv sealant and also use the JD corn head grease as a heavy duty grease. I cannot live with the leaking, it is making a mess in my shop. The original seal looked a lot more thicker than the replacement. I have seen that the JD grease has stopped some leaks. I live in Florida so cold weather with thick grease is no problem. This leak has put me behind on my brush and tree removal behind schedule.

/ 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking #5  
The original would be thicker because there new one has a sleeve now to be smaller in diameter.

The original would be thicker because there new one has a sleeve now to be smaller in diameter.

Hoye has contacted me and was helpful. I have ordered the JD corn head grease and will also install some rtv silicone seal between the sleeve and the housing. Will answer after I have done all of this stuff. The only problem is that the lower knuckle must weigh 100 pounds or at least feels like it.

I reinstalled the seal and repair sleeve with some rtv sealer behind the sleeve. But I used the JD Corn Grease instead of gear oil. I made an adapter for grease from an Cabinets (1).JPG air tool fitting and drilled and taped it for a grease fitting. Always filled the hub from the bottom to eliminate air pockets. I put 11 tubes of grease in the front axle, NO MORE LEAKS. I posted some pics but do not know if they loaded.
Tractor repair (8).JPG

/ 4 wheel drive front knuckle leaking #8  
nice little design on the fitting for filling it. That's a lot of pumping to do with a manual grease gun!!!:eek: