3pt Hydraulic log splitter questions

/ 3pt Hydraulic log splitter questions #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
Looking at getting that Speeco 3pt log splitter and have a few questions. I have a NX6010 with two rear remotes, one is a detent.

1st. I will want to hook the splitter up to the detent remote correct?
2nd. I've read people having to convert the hydralic valve that comes with the Speeco from open center to closed center, is this necessary in my setup (I think the detent valve means I don't have to do this)?
3rd. Splitter doesn't come with hoses, should I go with 3/8" or 1/2" hoses?

Thanks

-Craig

/ 3pt Hydraulic log splitter questions #2  
Just so you will know, that splitter is going to be slooooow, running off your remotes...

SR

/ 3pt Hydraulic log splitter questions #3  
Looks to be that your tractor should have open center hydraulics, so no problems there, and as far as the detent goes... the detent on my Deere 3032E is for float. If NX6010 is the same, then you wouldn't use the valve in the detent position to run the splitter. I didn't see the steering/implement breakdown for hydraulic flow, but you should have around 17.9 GPM total flow (13-14 GPM for implement???), which wouldn't be too bad as a lot of splitters are supplied with 11, 13, and 16 GPM pumps. And those are all two stage pumps that go slower on the high pressure side. You won't run into that with the tractors hydraulics.

/ 3pt Hydraulic log splitter questions
Thanks for the feedback.