3-Point Hitch 3pt Drop Adjustments - 4210

/ 3pt Drop Adjustments - 4210 #1  

D C

Tractor
none
I have a 4210 with around 500 hours on it.

How should the 3pt hitch work as far as dropping by itself?

I understand I have the knob that controls the fall rate. Tighten it up, 3pt doesn't drop at all. Loosen and it slams to the ground. No problem there.

When I place the lever in a particular spot, it should stay in that spot, correct? In other words, if I have an implement on the back and I raise it, should the lever stay in the raised position without holding it, regardless of the setting of the drop-rate knob?

Mine doesn稚 do that. I致e got the drop-rate set to what I think is a "moderate" rate. I値l raise the implement with the control lever and it will often drop right back down. It didn't used to behave like this, and it drops at about the same rate as it always has.

Is there a friction adjustment on the lever itself?

Thanks!
Dave

/ 3pt Drop Adjustments - 4210 #2  
Yes, follow your lever in towards the lift top, you will see some spring washers providing tension.
If your lever isn't moving on it's own then your problem is most likely inside.shoot me your email and I'll send you a PDF of the tech manual to read up on.

Joe

/ 3pt Drop Adjustments - 4210 #3  
There appears to be a nut that bears against a bunch of disk springs... in the tube the lever turns... Part #5 of this diagram.

MP34599________UN23JUN04.gif

/ 3pt Drop Adjustments - 4210
Adjustable from the outside without too much difficulty, I hope.
I'll take a look.
Thanks!

Dave