Price Check $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #11  
The numbers don't even add up. The $4k should be a discount. They should not be charging freight and setup for a used machine. I would not go back to a dealership that pulled that.

Your relatives should use Kubota's on line configurator to build a tractor and see what the list price is. It might be tough to get much below list in populous parts of California but they should not have to pay more. Brand new with the same options the configurator says $35,679.00 before freight & prep & taxes. I just checked the invoice for my Branson and there were no additional freight or prep charges. Your relatives should shop around,

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe
Yep... and such is the state of tractor buying in California.

On the November 15th I contacted two dealers and the sales staff were not available until after Thanksgiving... just heard back from one after I called and to ask if the sales team was still on vacation.

It sure doesn't work that way in the auto market... at least in my experience... the holidays were very busy times for new car sales... Dad and Grandfather were delivering cars with large bows on Christmas morning!

I scanned the quote because I thought some would not believe it.

On a separate note... I still think the L2501 would fit the bill... no mowing and only 5 acres with horses and a home... don't see where the extra PTO hp would justify the additional cost.

We do use the L3800 with 6' rotary mower and chipper... and it works well.

That sounds about $10K too high. Unless the price of L3901's has gone way up, I bought my new L3800 (preceeded the L3901 without the DPF) back in 2014 for somewhere between $27- $29K.

Yep... Just checked and our L3800 with 92 hours, quick attach loader, backhoe, posthole digger, delivery, AG tax and $750 loyalty rebate totaled $25,500 cash in May of 2014

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #14  
Way too high, there's a math problem on their quote but I'd say they're close to 10k overpriced.

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #15  
Way too high, there's a math problem on their quote but I'd say they're close to 10k overpriced.

$10k is spot on.

The $4k that they ADDED sould be a a $4k CREDIT. So that's an $8k swing.

Then the $2k freight....for a used machine....on THEIR lot....I could understand if they were freighting in something from another dealer from across the country....

But those two items.....yep...there's your $10k

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #16  
The mistake on the rental return being a charge instead of a credit is inexcusable.

My experience with Kubota dealers has not been good. I did a "build your own" for a L6060 on the Kubota web site. I took that build to a local dealer, asked them to add a couple of dealer add-ons, told them I was a cash buyer, and asked for a quote. A week later I called asking: "where is the quote?" It was about 10am and the response was the salesman was driving his kid to school and he would call when he got to the store. No call. I heard from another source: "that dealership is having some family ownership issues right now." OK.

Called first, then visited two other Kubota dealers. One of those dealers said: "yeah, I have a L6060 on the lot right now." When I got there, it was the narrow model tractor-- not an L6060. I asked for quotes. Got one quote back a few days later-- full retail price on Kubota items, but without some of the dealer add-on items we had discussed. The other dealer never responded at all.

I purchased a different brand that I likely would have never bought had there been a better response from the Kubota folks. I still can't explain it-- only have some theories.

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #17  
There's probably 1 on Craigslist for $2850 with new tires and a loader. Giver her a call !

It makes me wonder if there is tremendous opportunity out there for someone like Dave that was the face of Mahindra?

Never owner a Mahindra but Dave was 110% responsive and one could tell he had his heart and soul in the business.

When I bought my BX... I was simply spinning my wheels... the then local San Jose Tractor was Ford and Kubota and didn't want to talk Kubota but kept telling me what a great deal Ford was... I did not know at the time they were liquidating Ford.

Met someone who had just bought a new BX and I asked what he paid... he told me he drove 4 hours each way to get it... called the dealer and said I want the same... Dealer said he would hold it for Saturday pickup... and he did... cash deal and out the door... could not have been simpler.

One thing I keep hearing is the hobby or consumer market isn't there focus... they would rather sell 100k tractors and $250k combines and such... at least I ran into this with Deere Green which flat out said no one could sell me a tractor until harvest season was over. Deere Yellow and CAT have been great in comparison.

Auto sales were helped immensely with window sticker price being posted... small tractors are almost like waling into a Speak Easy and depending on who sent you determines how it goes...

I willing order parts from Messicks simply because of good service...

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #19  
I didn't pay much more than that for a new MX5800 with BH92 and forks...that's crazy pricing.

/ $39,900 Dealer Quote for used L3901 with LA 525 Loader and BH77 Backhoe #20  
Dave's still selling Mahindra and Branson in Red Bluff. I bought my Branson from him. But if your relatives are in SoCal that's a long ways.