Ballast 3720 wheel weights

/ 3720 wheel weights #11  
JANDG : WELCOME ABOARD! ....and,.. er, .. ah,..what country are you in? Is that a US,..Canadian, European "Price",..please help me with that.

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ 3720 wheel weights #12  
Anyway thats what I use in my tires, its heavier than water and if you have a leek it is enviro-friendly..... .

I'd just add that you likely will not need inner tubes if you use Rimguard equivalent so you can easily fix a tubeless tire with just a plug like on auto tires without even taking the wheel off the tractor.

/ 3720 wheel weights #13  
I'd just add that you likely will not need inner tubes if you use Rimguard equivalent so you can easily fix a tubeless tire with just a plug like on auto tires without even taking the wheel off the tractor.

Been there done that more than once...:)

/ 3720 wheel weights #14  
WA state USA & US $
Joe

/ 3720 wheel weights #15  
Sunnyside360:...Yes, correct,.."no tubes required" for the "FUSION" (Canadian beet juice) and RimGaurd (US beet juice) great stuff! Thanks for that Sunnyside360,...slipped my mind.

JDGREEN4ME:... Thanks for that! (What else did I forget to mention?)

JANDG:...OK Joe,...WA State, USA and US$,...gotcha, thanks!

OH Yeah,....the "beet juice" stuff is brown, not red, it's sticky, but tastes sweet. How do I know? The valve adaptor slipped off,...I got wet and sticky but my clothes washed out with no problem,...my "Lady" put 'em through with a regular load,...just as easy as that!

CHEERS guys,
. . tug

/ 3720 wheel weights
This company does NOT specialize in filling tires, so If any of you are interested, I can give you a contact person and phone number. At least this gal will understand your needs and gladly answer your questions. You'll have to check it out, I have no idea if they'll ship it to you out there or if they have a dealer in your area?

Just a suggestion which I hope will be helpful.
. . tug

Thanks for the pointer, if you could send me the number and name I would appreciate it. Just got back home so am back on the search for something again.

Al

/ 3720 wheel weights #17  
Hi Al,....just sent you a PM with the info,...but so far I can't seem to see any confirmation (as normal) that the message went out. Lots of computer problems here so could you please acknowledge "IF" you get it,...or not and I'll send again.

Thanks and good luck,
. . tug

PS: Ok checked again, it went, (sorry it went twice)

Last edited:
   / 3720 wheel weights #18  
I posted some of the following on another thread regarding mid mowers, however most of my questions are side hill stability.

I am considering upgrading to a 3720 or 3520 tractor. My biggest concern on the 3000 series tractors is the narrow wheel track and total weight for side hill mowing stability. Currently my Deere 870 with loaded tires set to the wide wheel position and has a 64 outside wheel track that has proven to be adequate on my terrain.

The 3000 series brochure depicts a 68.4 rear track width. I have looked at a unit with the 43x16-20 R4 tires and that wheel track is about 57? I have reports that the turf special tires (41x18LL-16.1, R3) run about 64 wide but that tread would not be suitable for winter work here in PA.

1) Does anyone have front and rear track width measurement for a wide wheel track configuration with standard turf tires (41x14-20, R3) or the wider industrial tires (43x16-20, R4).

2) Anyone running a 72 mid mower on a wide wheel track setup?

3) Any real world comparisons of side hill traction for these two tire types?

4) Likewise, any comments on these two tire types relative to tearing up turf?

5) Are there wheel spacer kits available to widen the track on the front and/or rear for the 3000 series? P/Ns?

/ 3720 wheel weights #19  
I posted some of the following on another thread regarding mid mowers, however most of my questions are side hill stability.

I am considering upgrading to a 3720 or 3520 tractor. My biggest concern on the 3000 series tractors is the narrow wheel track and total weight for side hill mowing stability. Currently my Deere 870 with loaded tires set to the wide wheel position and has a 64 outside wheel track that has proven to be adequate on my terrain.

The 3000 series brochure depicts a 68.4 rear track width. I have looked at a unit with the 43x16-20 R4 tires and that wheel track is about 57? I have reports that the turf special tires (41x18LL-16.1, R3) run about 64 wide but that tread would not be suitable for winter work here in PA.

1) Does anyone have front and rear track width measurement for a wide wheel track configuration with standard turf tires (41x14-20, R3) or the wider industrial tires (43x16-20, R4).

2) Anyone running a 72 mid mower on a wide wheel track setup?

3) Any real world comparisons of side hill traction for these two tire types?

4) Likewise, any comments on these two tire types relative to tearing up turf?

5) Are there wheel spacer kits available to widen the track on the front and/or rear for the 3000 series? P/Ns?

BriarCreek:

1. I'm running a 3720 (Soon trading on a 4720) with 6" (Each side) unverferth wheel extensions and loaded R3's in the 'narrow' position (Fronts wide). I'm about 66" wide in the rear (I'm not with the tractor so I can't measure the front). Without the extensions I'd be 54" wide, or about 59.xx" in the wide position - Still pretty narrow. The R4's run a little bit wider but the difference narrow/wide is only about 1.5" vs about 5" narrow to wide on the R3's.

2. I was running my 72" 7 iron and went to an 84" RFM - Enough Said. :)
It was a royal pain in the butt putting it on and off anyway, would lose adjustment,
you need to loosen the lead screw for the height adjustment all the way, etc.
With the wide stance it's even worse reaching underneath so I gave up.
If I could leave it on it would be fine, but taking it of for 'tractor' work was a pain.

My advice would be if you are going to leave it on for long periods of time the
MMM is ok. The cut quality of the MMM is superb and it doesn't scalp much.
If you have lot's of 'tractor' work I would go with a RFM. And if you are doing
ANYTHING but scooping up stuff on level ground with the loader on you will be
banging up that expensive deck. (Note that it is pretty rugged and I never
bent anything badly on it but would throw it out of adjustment a lot.)

3. I ran my 3320 (No wheel extensions) with the MMM with the large R4's and had
unloaded large R4's on my 3720 when I got it.
I mow sideways a bit up to about a 15 degree slope. Both
tires are ok but the R3's are actually much better on firm, dry ground. You can
spin the R4's easily on hard packed turf if you are going straight up and down
in 2wd. (Note that I run that now with the extensions, I'd be leery running a 15
degree slope without them even I know it would be ok).

4. The R4's will leave compression marks on the lugs. The R3's just pat down a
wide swath but don't compress or leave marks in the soil. Note that I mow at
about 6000lbs in my 3720 (loader on/bucket off).

Both tires will tear up the turf if you cut sharp even in 2wd. Keep the turns
gradual and you'll be ok.

I've found the R3's to be a better all around tire than the R4's but note that I
don't trek through the mud a lot. In hard pack snow and on ICE the R3's
are way, way, way better than the R4's. The R3's also support Chains better
since they don't 'fall' in the lugs.

5. - See 1. Yes, Unverferth. I forget what they were (I think a little under $300
each).

/ 3720 wheel weights #20  
Briar:

FYI, if you download the owners manuals (Available from the description pages on-line) the dimensions in those are pretty accurate.